What helmet are you using? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What helmet are you using?

Thanks to all who replied to my post
    If anyone else would like to jump in...please do.

My everyday helmet is a Bell Shorty 1/2 helmet (leather covered). I keep a Nolan Trilogy modular in my saddlebag for inclement weather.

Arai XD-4

Best helmet I have ever bought, Quiet and fits my oval shaped melon like a glove.

OP, you need to try on all different brands. Shoei makes a great product but seems to be geared towards a more round shaped head, Arai is for more oval shaped. What works for one might not be good for another.

The XD-4 I mentioned has a visor that looks like more of a dirt bike helmet but in fact does a great job shading the sun so you don't need multiple face shields to go from light to dark. Several helmets also offer an internal face shield that works for some. I find them too close to my face and don't like them. I have had a few modular helmets and like the idea but have not found one that is quiet enough for me. For fogging in the cooler months the best solution I have found is the fog city inserts, (just DO NOT sneeze on one or it's toast) The pin lock systems work also but will fog up on the edges pretty bad.
    My $.02