The F6B is on the top of my list for my next motorcycle. My current ride is a Yamaha FJR1300. It's a fine bike, but I've developed an extreme sensitivity to vibration. There's something about that inline 4-cylinder vibration I find especially unpleasant. My wife has a BMW R1200R with a boxer twin, and while it vibrates more, I don't find it nearly as bothersome.

I wasn't going to consider the F6B, but after doing some research, I concluded that a flat six powered bike is the best there is for those who hate vibration. Still, I thought for sure such a heavy bike would handle like a pig and be boring. The first dealer I went to was listed on Honda's website as having a demo F6B. It turned out they didn't, but while I was there I tried out a Honda CTX1300 and a Goldwing. The CTX1300 was truly awful. The handlebars felt completely disconnected from the front wheel, and it was gutless. Then I rode the Goldwing. The handling and power were far better than the much lighter CTX1300. While I was riding it, I thought it would be perfect with a little less weight and a more spacious saddle. So, the next day I found a F6B at a different dealer to take for a spin.

The F6B was perfect. I was surprised how much better it handled than the already great handling Goldwing. The lighter weight helped in the power department too, but the difference wasn't quite as dramatic. While I felt cramped on the Goldwing, the F6B felt just right.

I'm so glad I found the F6B. I feel like I won't have to give up any fun to enjoy the smooth running flat six.

My wife was less enthusiastic about the F6B. She didn't like the footpeg position, thought it was too heavy, and needed more power. But, she didn't hate it so much that she wouldn't borrow it for cold weather commuting. I promised her I would try a BMW R1200RT once the recall fiasco is resolved. I know it will faster and better handling, but there's just something about that F6B that does it for me. Plus, I hate the thought of having another BMW in the household to take across town for service. The Honda dealer is within walking distance.