Darcym said it perfect. I agree it sucks to spend more money to make things right for you but that's the way it is for any motorcycle out there. I made mine fit me by doing the following:

I immediately put different windshield on (I use adjustable Baggershield dark tinted and for me it is great, I love the looks).

I put a different seat (I use Mustang but there are many other fine choices).

I put Throttlemeister cruise lock (I like it a lot, easy to use and I think it improves the looks of the handlebar from stock)

For suspension is fine, it feels much better than my previous 2007 GW or Road King. Only a few times in my life I tried going over 120mph just to see wthat that's like. It was in the straight, empty road and I rode BMW K1200LT then. Didn't really do much for me except scare me as I was thinking 'What if a dog happens to walk in front of me?' I only did it for a few seconds. I remember the trees seem to go by super fast. No time to react if anything happen up ahead. Also, my front tire on GW used to do cupping very bad and handlebar would shake at low speeds. F6B does not do that and I have about 16,000 miles on front tire so far and it still has life left!

I have no trouble keeping with most anybody in the twisties on the F6B. In the real world and not on the track one must account for many things such as gravel you can't see in the curve until you are right on it. There was a guy at Deals Gap on Yellow GW that would follow any bike thru the twisties and make a video of them, here is the youtube link of him riding:

http://youtu.be/VxHNnOHuikI

So, GW and therefore F6B are perfectly capable bikes especially for their size. But, you could change suspension too however the cost for that is not worth it IMHO. I also read about adding a front fork brace, I haven't yet myself, the reviews say it makes handling up front better and less flex.

I also added Rivco Aeropegs. I like them a lot, they work fine for me at 6' tall. I think they look great (mine are black) and I was asked many of times by GW owners to show them how they work.

So far have not even noticed kickstand location while riding but thanks for the tip, I will try not to hit it while riding. Also, not sure why shifting pattern is bad around town, it is the same as any other bike. I agree first gear seems too low, I start at lights in second gear very often and no problems as the bike has plenty of torque.

So, don't sweat the small stuff, improve the things you must and just enjoy riding one of the best bikes bever made!