However, in my opinion the good outweighs the bad far over, in excess of the bad I've experienced with my other M/C of choice in the past 4 decades. I corrected many of those issues you ennumerated.
1. Got a Klockwerks windshield right off, I knew that squatty cute one was not going to work
2. Got Ergo Kuryakyn Highway pegs so I can stretch on the road and don't worry about pushing down the side-stand.
3. Got Kury mini floorboards for the same reason.
4. Got a Mustang seat that supports my back with 8" of deep saddle and gives me more ERGO positioning for those twisties.
5. Don't know if you've ever been down at anything past 50 mph, but I have, and lots of human bones break in the process. 125mph-NO!
6. Today did my 4K oil and filter change to Rotella T-6 syn and Bosch 3323 Filters (long filter fit fine), shifting is simple and quiet.
7. Ride mine in San Antonio and commute from my home 20 miles each way, bike is nimble and responsive. Good in traffic.
8. Stainless belly pan and now a Superbrace, make this baby cruise like Elvis's old fat Caddy!

I wish you happy and safe riding. An Advanced rider course can cure some of those things you mention, not to say you are not experienced. I've been riding over 45 years and still take an advanced course when the opportunity presents itself because some old dogs like me need to learn some new tricks. The cool thing for me is that even with all the mods I have made, I am still way ahead of where I always was when I purchased on of those V-Twins out of Milwaukee. Rubber Side Down Brother!