Bad things about the F6B... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad things about the F6B...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, .
    Spy shots:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...d-3355201429-o

Do not get me wrong I rarely go over 100, but wanted to test capabilities, I am actually very happy with the motorcycle except for lack of cruise, I new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, I will look at but doubt it will be as good as the F6B but will need a solution to cruise I ride 15,000-30,000 and lack of cruise which I thought I could do without may have been in error.
    You do realize there are electronic cruise control options now available if that's what you want. Even spending a $1000+ on electronic cruise would be a lot cheaper than selling the bike and getting a new one. And as nice as the Road Glide is it still won't have the power, reliability, wind protection or smoothness and handling of the F6.

suspension flex seems to have

Yep, I've felt that flex.
    It would happen to me riding 2 up with luggage on LONG Sweeping Turns. leaned over and some bumps in the road would create a right rear to left front "bounce". The same thing would happen riding 1 up at + 100 MPH along a leaned over sweeper.
    On this forum it was suggested, and I did go up a few turns on the suspension and I haven't felt it since. But I haven't ridden alone at 125 since either.
    I did do that same fully loaded 2 up sweeper that "bounced" last time and it seemed to handle well after the adjustment.

7. Shifting pattern around town, this is definatley not a commuter motorcycle for the city or suburb, it is still a highway motorcycle, its lenght is just another point to that matter.
    Interesting. I find the F6B to be the perfect commuter motorcycle (for me). I ride to downtown from the 'burbs 26 miles each way every day. She handles like a pregnant sportbike in the twisties, easy to maneuver in traffic, and the best part -- has enough storage to hold my laptop, lunch, and gym bag, so I don't have to carry an overstuffed backpack (like I used to on my previous 'commuter' bike). I can handle/maneuver her pretty deftly in parking lots or in slow-speed situations, she's balanced really well.

Not sure what you're talking to on the shifting pattern. I do wish she had a taller 5th or a 6th gear for economy. Other than that, pretty smooth shifting, plenty of torque in any gear -- unlike what you'll find in that Road Glide.

One more thing -- why is this thread under Rides, Trips, and Gatherings?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I am waiting to see new Roadglide in person, too. The spy pictures don't appeal to me as the fairing seems angled forward and downwards somehow, it just looks wrong somehow to me:

Attachment 6591Attachment 6592

Also the fairing seems to be very far from the rider, which means less wind protection and more turbulence. But we'll see.

Do not get me wrong I rarely go over 100, but wanted to test capabilities, I am actually very happy with the motorcycle except for lack of cruise, I new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, I will look at but doubt it will be as good as the F6B but will need a solution to cruise I ride 15,000-30,000 and lack of cruise which I thought I could do without may have been in error.
    SO add cruise! either Rostra like several of us have done, or --------. They are out there, and available. I was in the same boat. now that I have it I am pretty happy with it. I did love my Road Glide but that coupled with the "Harley tax" for a pipe, tuner, etc to get it dialed in to run half way decent and you are in the same boat. I did like the comfort of my Glide over this bike for me forward controls are simply better, but the F6B is hard to beat in all other aspects. I will never again have another bike I ride other than locally without cruise control, or at least make sure it is available to be installed.

Realizing that we all ride for what suits us best, I still suggest that if one want's cruise control and other gadgets, why not just buy a GW and be done with it???...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Realizing that we all ride for what suits us best, I still suggest that if one want's cruise control and other gadgets, why not just buy a GW and be done with it???...JMHO
    Well stated, but some of us simply don't like the Goldwing. they are more cramped than the 6, and personally while useful on a trip I hate the looks of the back box / tour pack on any bike. All my Harleys had detachable tour packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I am waiting to see new Roadglide in person, too. The spy pictures don't appeal to me as the fairing seems angled forward and downwards somehow, it just looks wrong somehow to me:

Attachment 6591Attachment 6592

Also the fairing seems to be very far from the rider, which means less wind protection and more turbulence. But we'll see.
    So much for HD moving into the 21st century with a totally water cooled modern engine. This is just cosmetic with a fairing change and the new styled saddlebags. What a disappointment.

The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com