Bad things about the F6B... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad things about the F6B...

With a few additions (throttlemeister, Madstad screen, MP3 luggage rack, heated gear cabling, USB port, GPS/phone mount, fork brace, belly pan) I have the tourer I always dreamed of. All day comfortable, easy to manage at low speeds, easy to get on and off the stand, plenty of power, quiet on the road, great weather protection, confident handling... my wish list for this bike is very very short (cruise, ABS, bluetooth, higher quality suspension, remote side case release), way too short for me to remotely consider another bike. This is it for me, I am riding this beast until it falls apart or until they come out with a new F6B that has the extra stuff I really want. The F6B is an awesome, amazing bike. ****ing killer machine.

Frankly I don't like going faster than 100 anyway. Things can go tits up in a hurry at that speed. This is what happened to a Concours I was riding with when it got a speed wobble at 100 mph:

Attachment 6614

Homey never knew what hit him. Thank god for him he landed 150 feet away into the sand on Panamint Valley Road and only got a broken ankle; if he'd hit the pavement who knows how bad he might have been hurt. No thanks!

High speed wobbles can be exciting!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!
    You said it all, it is the best HD makes, I've had a couple, but I ride the F6 by choice now, because it's better. Let me rephrase that, I will ride the F6B again, when this shoulder thing heals.

shooter
    Yeah the windshield sucks. You can turn the suspension up. Read your owners manual or google it. They come on the lowest setting. The bags need to lock. Its called security. Disable one side if it makes you feel better. Pull the seat and the top cap and pull the cable out of its holder. Latch still works the same. Most of the stuff you brought up isn't Honda's fault. It's personal preference or just bad ideas. But yeah the windshield sucks. Cee Bailey's 11 inch.

The perfect motorcycle will materialize the day the rider can either afford to build it or have the money to have the manufacture build one to personal specifications. Until that day modify and enjoy what is available. Many years of enjoyable riding.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

As an ex HD- FLHX, FLTR rider good luck at 115-125 in the hard twisty,s on the new HD Roadglide.

Quote Originally Posted by watertowerman View Post
    As an ex HD- FLHX, FLTR rider good luck at 115-125 in the hard twisty,s on the new HD Roadglide.
    actually I have in with mine, same issues though bike was by no means stock, actual was clocked at 135 on the highway. Suspenson was far worse, lots of floor board and crash bar scraping. I'm not getting ride of my f6b just inproving it just like I did with the Roadglide. So far I added gps w/ ram mount and golwing pwr outlet,mustang seat, cee bailey 11". Just need to figure out throttle lock, suspension is good enough for how I normally ride, maybe a limited removal if I ever upgrade the suspension and tires would not recommend going faster than I did without those upgrades.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post

Attachment 6614

Homey never knew what hit him. Thank god for him he landed 150 feet away into the sand on Panamint Valley Road and only got a broken ankle; if he'd hit the pavement who knows how bad he might have been hurt. No thanks!
    Only an ankle! Wow!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I had my black standard for only a few months. My Hurricane(a '93 in really good condition) sits beside her-or him I haven't decided yet:-).Between the two I have everything I need. The F6B is frickin' perfect for what I love it for.
    Went from Denver to Madison Wis for the wing ding as the maiden voyage. No cruise and I didn't miss it. Don't think I want to ride without instant control of my speed and it didn't bother my 64 year old wrist at all. I do have the palm thingy on it.The stock seat with a backrest was good but started being a pain around 600 miles - Mustang looks good and most seem to like it. Saw one on Choptop's bike,yeah, that's coming....looking good Sir.....
    Bike was fast when I wanted it to be,I hit 115 without really knowing it's going that fast,no problem .I am learning parking lot with it but no complaints. Handled exceptionally at speed,I have a beer story I can tell you as far as high speed maneuverability but not here for brevity's sake.
    All in all My wish list on performance is short. A belly pan will be necessary as I got caught in the wind on some high overpasses at speed-that was really unsettling.Lights for night riding,Mustang seat.
    My suspension is just over halfway which was good with the load on the road ,great in Colorado twisties,on which you will NOT do 115 -125 on (not sure how you define 'twisties' )
    Long/short,this bike is perfect to me. I like the wind and rode about 200 miles in the rain only thing I'm thinking about is making that short windshield black. (we'll see how I feel about the height when it gets cold:-)
    The other things I would add are cosmetic,lower cowl lights, maybe doctor up the rear brake and signals,I saw the 'black chrome' sides at the show and kinda liked that,blackout turn signals,and if I could find them and be sure they are reliable "angel eyes" for the main head lights.
    Aside from that it's perfect. I have to agree with the guys if you really don't like it sell it to me cheap :-) The only thing better than having one - is having two !!
    Harley !?!? kidding right ? to each his/her own my friend......

Cruise Control Option

There are a few cruise control options for the F6B. Since I just purchased my F6 yesterday, I'm researching accessories right now and know I will need some form of throttle lock for the long hauls. For now, I'm using the "Go Cruise," which is sold on eBay or their main website for $20. I used this on my FJR...you would need to purchase the sport version as the grips are thinner than a cruiser grip.

The other option is a Throttlemister, which I have not experienced.

And the other is Kaoko...I used their throttle lock for my FJR, and really like it. It matched the opposite grip end so I only had to purchase the throttle lock...not another end piece to match the throttle lock. Also, the Kaoko has groves on the end so you can easily apply the lock to the throttle. While activated, you can still easily adjust your throttle up or down on the fly. These run about $100-150.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]