Bad things about the F6B... - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad things about the F6B...

Seat? Put on a back rest and handle bar risers, seat problem solved for me.

Windshield? Mounted a Firecreek Windbender, problem solved for me and the SO.

Flexing in twisties? Front fork brace, same problem on my Gold Wing, problem solved for me. PS, I added full Traxxion on my Wing, bike still flexed in the twisties, once I added the fork brace the flexing completely went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!
    I disagree, but that's just me. I've had nothing but Harleys for the last 25 years, the Road Glide being the last. I hated it. I didn't find it as comfortable or agile as an Ultra Classic or Street Glide. I had 3 different radios (warranty) and the last one wasn't working when I traded. Tried a couple of windshields, but the wind turbulence was bothersome because the fairing is so far out front. Several other minor problems.

Actually, I should appreciate that Road Glide more. Because it was such a piece of chit I bought an F6B and I'm very pleased with this new bike.

In 4 years of ownership I rode the Road Glide just over 10,000 miles. In 2 months of F6B I'm already up to 4,000. And, best of all, my wife is extremely happy with the smoothness of the F6B vs the vibrations of the Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!
    I actually preferred my Road King to the Road Glide. I spent a week on a rented Road Glide and in stock form I found the fairing useless. I got beat up on the highway. A taller windshield would seem almost required for long distance riding, just like on the F6B. Also, the wind still comes under the RG fairing since it's not a full fairing like the F6B. Between the two bikes, the F6B has it beat in handling, power, braking and wind protection. Harley wins in the paint and nice shiny chrome department though. Pretty much can be said for any Harley versus Honda debate.

Valid points!

However, in my opinion the good outweighs the bad far over, in excess of the bad I've experienced with my other M/C of choice in the past 4 decades. I corrected many of those issues you ennumerated.
    1. Got a Klockwerks windshield right off, I knew that squatty cute one was not going to work
    2. Got Ergo Kuryakyn Highway pegs so I can stretch on the road and don't worry about pushing down the side-stand.
    3. Got Kury mini floorboards for the same reason.
    4. Got a Mustang seat that supports my back with 8" of deep saddle and gives me more ERGO positioning for those twisties.
    5. Don't know if you've ever been down at anything past 50 mph, but I have, and lots of human bones break in the process. 125mph-NO!
    6. Today did my 4K oil and filter change to Rotella T-6 syn and Bosch 3323 Filters (long filter fit fine), shifting is simple and quiet.
    7. Ride mine in San Antonio and commute from my home 20 miles each way, bike is nimble and responsive. Good in traffic.
    8. Stainless belly pan and now a Superbrace, make this baby cruise like Elvis's old fat Caddy!

I wish you happy and safe riding. An Advanced rider course can cure some of those things you mention, not to say you are not experienced. I've been riding over 45 years and still take an advanced course when the opportunity presents itself because some old dogs like me need to learn some new tricks. The cool thing for me is that even with all the mods I have made, I am still way ahead of where I always was when I purchased on of those V-Twins out of Milwaukee. Rubber Side Down Brother!

From the first week of ownership.....

The "interesting bits:"
    1. Get out of 1st gear as soon as possible.
    2. Where's 6th? (Yes, I know....just like my '81 GL1100 Std)
    3. How do I make the Tuner Lever roll through my Preset stations?
    4. Why can I not pull the key out of the the trunk lock and leave the bags unlocked?
    5. How much $$$ does 'Steve0080' have invested in "accessories?

The rest....
    1. OH. MY. GOODNESS. The spirited acceleration, the looks, the agility, the nimbleness, the stares from co-workers, the "fire-up-right-now-let's-giddyup" from fuel injection, the responsive braking. Daayyum.
    2. (Not required.)

This bike is amazing.
    This forum is invaluable.
    Thanks to all.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Twisties NO, long eventual curves YES, I have had mine pegged running against a RoadKing. Smoked him so bad that I had to slow down and wait for him again and again, then smoke him again and again at well over 110 consistanly. The F6B pegged out a few times on the straighter runs and I did feel minor wiggles going over bridges and stuff but that's it. NO CONTEST ! period against the F6B. We ran about 10 miles. His Harley might hit 135, but it would take the Utah salt flats type of room to get it there. It aint happening in the 1/4 mile or even a mile, there is too much resistance on a bagger with a windshield. We are both over 200lbs fellows too, I actualy run 230ish and he runs 200 even.

Now the kickstand, yes I did that, layed my foot heel on it. Wrist pain, I aim for centering the wrist like another said on this post. My lower back catches hell after a long day working then riding home, but I am getting a backrest soon I hope.

As far as the 125mph speed limiting factor, just give it time, somebody will break into the system and be able to bypass it.

If Harleys were so fantastic, that's what I would be riding. I ride alone, purchase alone and pay for it myself.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

The only thing that annoys me is the paint.
    Don't want cruise control
    Coming from a bike with no windshield, the stock shield feels great to me!!
    This winter will be doing the belly pan, superbrace (tho' coming from the cruiser world this bike handles like a dream) and the Aero Pegs (looks and function)

Paint is the only truly bad thing I've run across thus far. (1500 miles)

Annoyances are even few and far between:

The saddlebag lock situation.

The archaic audio interface, but since I've never had nor wanted audio on a bike, that's really a reach.

Having to add little things like 12 volt accessory sockets and belly pans though I guess that's a page straight out of Harley's way of nickle and diming you with addons while try to keep the price down. (Not so successfully with Harley in the latter instance.)

I'm still a little put off by everything being behind a plastic panel of some sort but as I get more comfortable and trusting in removing and replacing them, that will be fine.

I am so looking forward to having a electronic cruise control on my future 2015 but have found this device to be a godsend on my Rune...And the owner Billy Ho is a great customer service guy as he has traded my original locks for the newest updated ones since he began a few years ago...

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_t...0control2.html
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Came off a 12 Wing so here is my list:

Things I miss or don't like
    Paint miss the clear coat
    No Vent in windshield- I know I can fix this but I am not psyched about the way the tall windshield with the vent looks on the 6..
    No Cruise- don't miss it yet but the next time I ride to Vegas or some where far I will miss it
    center stand which I will fix this summer

Things I don't miss

Reverse-hardly ever used it except for a parking brake which it worked great for
    Heated seat and grips-I live in Florida
    Flap that focused hot air on my feet-somehow It would get opened and send the heat to my feet on 90 degree days
    The trunk-same as cruise I'm sure there will come a time when I would like to have it but not on a regular basis

I love the engine and 5-speed, I am one of the guys who does not want them to change the set up. I like the way it handles fits my riding style and I love the way it looks.