Laughing and pointing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laughing and pointing

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Wow, been there done that. after many bikes From Honda Shadows all the way to Harley soft tails, and one switch back finally found the bike for her. My wife bought a CTX-700 and let me tell you it is light, nimble and I like to ride the darn thing. For a small engine that thing rocks. The big plus is she has had two tanks over 80 MPG. If far outperforms the Shadow. The only real draw back is the chain drive but that was not a deal breaker for me either. They even have one that has the DCT transmission and from what I hear is going over very well with a lot of people that are either fairly inexperienced, or just don't like to shift. If she has passed the MSF getting her license is easy. Best of luck and I hope you can avoid the expensive route I followed.
    I had her try on the CTX700. The problem was the controls. They are very far forward on that bike, and she couldn't reach them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    just having a little fun

I USED to be in the same boat ....
    Just having fun as well. No problem!

I ride bi#$h on my wifes Can Am

When I ask the lovely Mrs. SmallPasture to meet me at the bike shop so I can drop off the "6" she shows up on her Can Am Spyder RS and I have to ride 30 miles on the back. Now that's love right there!! NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yea, I get the same kind of looks when I take my yacht out for a cruze
    Attachment 6532
    I'm 6'5" and around 385.Maybe we could take your boat out and fish together

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I'm 6'5" and around 385.Maybe we could take your boat out and fish together

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    When I ask the lovely Mrs. SmallPasture to meet me at the bike shop so I can drop off the "6" she shows up on her Can Am Spyder RS and I have to ride 30 miles on the back. Now that's love right there!! NOT!!!
    Sounds like she's got ya right where she wants ya!!!

I started out on a CB 250 Nighthawk I found at a Virginia Beach City auction. They used this bike for writing tickets on the boardwalk. It was in good shape. I had never ridden street bikes. I was at the time 340 + pounds 6' 2". I would ride the bike to work and the gate guards at the base got a real kick out of seeing me on that little bike. I rode that bike a total of 6,000 miles in four months, through the winter, all over the peninsula in Virginia. I called it a Piglet. It was too small to be a hog. I mounded two 50 caliber ammo cans painted nicely to carry stuff in. I drove that bike over the James River Bridge through Newport News. That steel lift grate causes all bike to wiggle about some. On that little bike, I had a firm grasp of the seat with my butt cheeks wrapped around that little seat. I moved from it to a 1300R VTX and lost 100 pounds. Much more comfortable now. One day an F6B.

I can feel your pain. Bought a used Rebel 250 for my daughter and at 5'11" the bike was full. My knees would hit the handlebars if I turned too hard. I liked to beep and wave at Harley's. I would get a wave and a double take. Flat out would take me to about 60 miles per hour.