Extremist's of any type that encourage/use violence to support/promote their cause are a plight.

In some ways, there does seem to be a 'trend/link' towards 'Muslim', but I believe the sheer numbers of Muslims worldwide make it seem notable,,, while the percentage of Muslim Males committing these acts is actually quite small.

Just for S + G,,,,, There are just over 2 billion (2,000,000,000) Muslins in the world today. (23% of the worlds population) almost 1 out of every 4 people worldwide,,,

Assuming a fairly equal ratio of Muslim Males to Muslim females, then there are about 1 Billion Muslim males. (1,000,000,000).

There are approx. 317 million people in the US,,, so there are approx. 1,000 Muslim Males for every 317 American man, woman, or child. (Or, 3.155 Muslim Males per every American man, woman, or child)

If a thousand acts were each perpetrated by a hundred different individuals per each individual act, You would have a ratio 100,000 'act-ee's' / 1,000,000,000 Muslim Males or, 1 out of 10,000 Muslim Males who participated one time in one 'act'. (As we know, most 'acts' that make the news do not involve a hundred 'one time' participants,,, Most acts are by far smaller groups, and a very few are possibly 'repeat offenders')

Even with the skewed data I've listed above, I'm sure glad I don't have to find that '1 out of 10,000',,,

I do feel sorrow for any person unjustly targeted by their creed/religion/sex. I wish there was a way to look at everyone with the same 'vision', but, when religious extremism is a factor in the 'act', then religion becomes a part of the 'search' for perpetrators,,, I'm not sure it can be done otherwise, but it's not a pleasant thing for the other 9,999 folks who had nothing to do with it.

(Disclaimer: While the terms 'act' and 'Muslim' were thrown around freely in my post, I do not claim to be an expert on terrorism, the Muslim faith, or mean to insinuate any connection between the 2 which may imply muslim = terrorist. IMHO, there are far smaller groups with far greater percentages of criminal activity than any 'religion')