Thanks for your comments Miles and Bob the bike.

Concerning the Windbender windshield:
I am 5' 11" with about 30" inseam. I run the 11" Windbender in the second to lowest position, about 12 inches. The breeze skims the top of my helmet which makes mild noise but allows cooling air into helmet vents. This is totally OK since I ride a lot in hot weather. Additionally, I don't run the 11" HPS any higher because it has a rolled top edge with corresponding distortion that extends about an inch into the shield. This is very distracting, not so much looking over the middle of it and occasionally thru it when traveling in a straight line, but when taking a curve you find yourself with a distorted view thru a lateral potion of the shield which is even more distorted than the center. I can see over the 11" HPS fully raised to 15" but the distorted view thru the top edge is more than I can handle. Overall I love concept of the shield and will continue to use it even if always at 12".

I have ordered the 15" Windbender ST top shield because I want to be able to look through the shield on long highway rides, especially in cold weather. The ST does not have this rolled edge and I may be able to use it all the time at it's lowest setting of 15". I also wonder if, for my particular situation, the taller non-rolled edge ST set at maximum height of 19" might have less turbulence at higher speeds.

I also have a tall Hondaline 16" shield with vent. The top edge is in my line of site which is annoying. I have to stretch or slouch to avoid the edge. That being said, I like the vent and the edge is not distorted. I may cut it down a couple of inches. The Windbender when raised to 12" is quieter than the 16" Honda shield. The air flow of the 16" Hondaline across the helmet top may be an inch or two higher than the Windbender set at 12".

Concerning mounting the Givi Monolock base further forward on Dale's rear rack for the F6b:
I would think a hole or two would have to be drilled which would be no big deal whatsoever. It is only happenstance that I was able to mount the base exactly where I wanted it with no holes drilled.

Concerning my moving to Washington:
I would love to live there. My wife and I have visited a couple of times and it is beautiful. We loved Olympic National Park, the Neah Bay area, and Kalaloch, where we explored the beach and spent a night overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I can picture riding the coastal highways...; however, back to reality, I am where I am.