Remote Control? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Control?

Quote Originally Posted by Coop creek View Post
    Hi ken. I fly R/C planes. I have a remote control for my TV too. Doesn't everyone pretty much think of a wireless ********** when they hear the term?

So what should it be called...remotely adjustable suspension?

Peter
    Yes, Peter, That's a much more accurate description, IMO.

So, you currently fly R/C? What type...electric, 3D, heli's, ??? I flew R/C for about 8 years but gave it up to pursue other interests. I designed and built the first "Super Hots" which Great Planes ending up kitting. It had a YZ45 motor turning around 17,000 rpm with a tuned pipe and was really, really fast and flew like a dream. If fact, the then editor of Model Airplane News offered to buy it from me but I was too in love with it at the time. That particular airplance was scratch-built and I used quite a bit of carbon fiber to keep it light and super strong. I destroyed most of my planes by trying things too close to the ground (interpret that as flying stupid). As you know, a 4-point roll is much more impressive at 10' off the ground and over 100 mph That one special plane survived until I finally did sell it. After that, nothing else came close and I finally gave it up altogether.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Coop creek View Post
    Hi ken. I fly R/C planes. I have a remote control for my TV too. Doesn't everyone pretty much think of a wireless ********** when they hear the term?

So what should it be called...remotely adjustable suspension?

Peter
    Did you try to use the word "connect-ion" in your post?
    I had an issue with the word displaying as asterisks also in another forum post.

Hey, Mod! What's up with that?
    **********, **********, **********!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

"Remote preload adjuster" is a pretty conventional way of describing what is on the F6B. Shocks that do not have a remote preload adjuster require a spanner like this:

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadima...010_174735.jpg

The full Wing has more like what you are describing, which is the ability to control the preload through the dash.