Windshields - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

Go with Clearview Everything is right here! I think it's the right shield for this bike.If you have questions they are more than happy to help! Call them! First thing I ordered!!!!

http://www.clearviewshields.com/blog...g-windshields/
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

I have both the Madstad and the Clearview. The Madstad is an 11" and the Clearview is the small sport tour. The MS is quieter, the CV looks best, if I had ordered the medium height CV I think it would be as quiet as the MS. The vent on CV works great.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely take a look at the shields mentioned. Been to most of the sites already. I'd like to get this off my checklist ASAP.

Your choice and your money...but I have been riding with the adjustable Baggershield and it does the trick for me...No wind noise, no buffeting, and radio volume is fine for my rides.....Good Luck on your choice.....

I've had the 19" Splitstreamer w/vent for a a couple weeks now and put about 800 miles on it this past weekend. It works great for me and was very easy to install. Everything lines up perfectly. I think I read on another forum that Slipstreamer use to make the OEM Honda Goldwing shields at one time.

I have it set up to look through it. I find that provides the most coverage from wind noise and buffeting. You can actually adjust the Slipstreamer when you install it up or down about an inch since it has slots for the bolts instead of just holes. The middle position is 19" measured from the bottom of where the shield meets the fairing. I have mine set at 20". If I had it set at 18" I could easily look over it so you do have some flexibility when you install it. It's also a couple inches wider than the OEM tall Honda shield. I paid around $130 new and so far it's the best money I've spent for the bike.

Lost of great choices out there. It just depends on what look you want and if you want to look through or over the shield. Like anything else, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

i use a tall honda goldwind shield redrilled to fit the f6b
    its cheap
    i can replace it anywhere and yes i use the vent all the time

Just fitted the KW, will post pics after I wash the bike this weekend

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Just fitted the KW, will post pics after I wash the bike this weekend
    What??? You let it get dirty?
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    What??? You let it get dirty?
    I must confess, I ride everyday the seasons here in Canada will allow, the bike gets very dirty and seems to be a great bug killer. I admire all the people who keep their bikes shiny and their chrome polished and I promise myself I will try harder with this bike, but the truth is, I'd rather ride than clean.