Chrome Quality

Thread: Chrome Quality

Chrome Quality

I was wondering if Kuryakyn or Show Chrome have quality chrome or is one better than the other? Or maybe some other vendor is the best. I'm looking to add some stuff to my 6 and don't want to put stuff on that isn't
    going to hold up.

I would say Kuryakyn, both need to be kept clean or it doesn't hold up well.

Lets see... I am the King of Chrome! and have bought A LOT of stuff from Kuryakyn....not to much from Show Chrome...I believe they both have a great warranty system so there should be no issues with either one....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Who better to respond to this question than our own King of Chrome Next question?
    Ken (Hornblower)

In my opinion Kuryakyn is the worst plating I have ever seen. Don't just take my word for it, do a search and read all the responses. I will never spend another dime on one of there products.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    In my opinion Kuryakyn is the worst plating I have ever seen. Don't just take my word for it, do a search and read all the responses. I will never spend another dime on one of there products.
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have purchased some pretty "crummy stuff" from Kuryakyn at times...Most seems okay, but have not had any issues with Show Chrome
    stuff over the years..Just bought the chrome "cubby" from Kury and it is liveable, but not the best I have seen....Just my $.02 cents...

We sell both and have both on all of our bikes. We have had very few problems with either and have taken care of any few warranty problems that we have encountered over the years.

I have parts from both on my Valkyrie that are from my original Valk that is from 98 and 1999 and are still fine.

I had LOTS of chrome on my Valkyrie. In Steves Valkyrie engine photo above I can see at least 3 pieces missing that I had. LOL
    The worst maunfacturer I had issues with the chrome was Cobra.

Once again Dave....................