my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Who sells Protectall? Never heard of it. Sounds like a hoaky product like Damitall!...............Dickie
    It's sold at Amazon among other places and is advertised as being water repellent, but not waterproof.

http://www.amazon.com/Protect-All-62.../dp/B0002UHWEK

We have a Corbin Leather Seat on our Spyder. Tons of Blue Web Stitching.
    I use Doc Bailey's Leather Detail Kit, Clear on it.

I forgot all about that. Seems to work quite well, she doesn't complain about it and it has been in the rain way more then I can count. We were in the rain half the day today with it.

Hope this helps.
    Rick

Clear: Brand new clear formula designed for all color, exotic skins, & multicolor leathers. Cutting edge technology - light years ahead of traditional leather care. Spray & Wipe Clear Formula cleans, conditions, restores & waterproofs all leather & vinyl.
    Excellent for riding leathers, motorcycle seats with stitching, leather furniture, car interiors - all colors of leather, vinyl, rubber & plastic!

By restoring oils in the skin, Doc Bailey's helps minimize the effects of UV rays. No sticky residue, contains no silicone, replaces all silicone detail products. Natural waxes protect & waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    You may find ProtectAll at your local Walmart in the RV area of the automotive section. That's where I've bought it before. It's a very good product that can be used on almost any surface. It does contain Carnauba Wax and a UV Blocker, if you're interested in that. I first became familiar with this product when I watched a Suzuki dealer go over my brand new Katana 1100 before delivery. He literally put it on everything. The label says it "treats" vinyl, rubber, and finished leather but I see no claim on the bottle that it water proofs so I guess you'll have to try it to see if it reduces or eliminates water absorption in the seat. Here's what I don't get...these expensive aftermarket seats that use materials that absorb water. Why? The OEM seat doesn't do that so why can't they?
    Thanks Hornblower, picked up ProtectAll from my local WallyWorld today. Now if I can only get the seat dried out. 4 days of sitting in the Florida sun and my butt got wet from seam seepage on the way to Wallyworld to get the ProtectAll, geezz!...........................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    It's sold at Amazon among other places and is advertised as being water repellent, but not waterproof.

http://www.amazon.com/Protect-All-62.../dp/B0002UHWEK
    4 bucks cheaper at Walmart and no shipping cost..........Dickie

I cured the problem before it got wet. One ride on this thing and it's back to the stocker for me. Soon to be for sale in the classifieds.

Hiflyer....What did you not like about the Mustang seat???..Just curious as I have one on order (6weeks now)...not tuck and roll, the regular plain cover....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Hiflyer....What did you not like about the Mustang seat???..Just curious as I have one on order (6weeks now)...not tuck and roll, the regular plain cover....Thanks
    Opas, I should have clarified why. Two things for me, I have a terrible time finding the right seat for any bike, because of my back. Surgery 20 years ago, doesn't keep me from doing a lot of things, but take motorcycling for instance, I have to have the right seat or I pay for it. The second thing, and this wont affect you, the material used in the center of the tuck and roll is too "sticky" for me and prevents me from moving around easily, which I need to do with my back. It's a quality product, and if the seating position fits you, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Thanx for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    We have a Corbin Leather Seat on our Spyder. Tons of Blue Web Stitching.
    I use Doc Bailey's Leather Detail Kit, Clear on it.

I forgot all about that. Seems to work quite well, she doesn't complain about it and it has been in the rain way more then I can count. We were in the rain half the day today with it.

Hope this helps.
    Rick

Clear: Brand new clear formula designed for all color, exotic skins, & multicolor leathers. Cutting edge technology - light years ahead of traditional leather care. Spray & Wipe Clear Formula cleans, conditions, restores & waterproofs all leather & vinyl.
    Excellent for riding leathers, motorcycle seats with stitching, leather furniture, car interiors - all colors of leather, vinyl, rubber & plastic!

By restoring oils in the skin, Doc Bailey's helps minimize the effects of UV rays. No sticky residue, contains no silicone, replaces all silicone detail products. Natural waxes protect & waterproof.
    Just ordered this seat from you about 24 hrs. ago, now I'll be able to get it treated before I too, learn the hard way! Thanks again

can't put doc bailey's in cart

Rick, selected clear, and quantity of one. press add to cart and says select options. tried many times. jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    Rick, selected clear, and quantity of one. press add to cart and says select options. tried many times. jim
    Give Teresa a call real quick at 888 532 0166, she will take care of it for you. Not sure why that would not add, works on our end. Happens once in a while.