my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!!

Ultimate King seats

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    They admit it's not pretty but it is functional. I rode on a rainy weekend through VT and the seat stayed bone dry. The bike was parked outside all weekend.
    The Ultimate Seat Co is very clear that their seat is not waterproof and you should cover it.
    This is a 2 piece cover, for the seat and the rider's backrest that was provided by Ultimate.
    I was really surprised to find the seat rain covers in the box when i opened it. My first Ultimate, kidos to Dez and the gang. Great seat i believe the hight weight inseam calculations need to be modified a bit. Need to bring the bars back a bit now. But for the 34" inseam guys leave bike in the sun for a bit and go sit on her with feet flatly on ground. after repeating this a few times the sides will conform to you legs. Same for your rump.
    PS keep those seat covers in your rain gear bag. then your butt wont look like the diaper is leaking. The best 1035 $'s ive spent on the bike yet. And like most that's just a scratch in the GT.

Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by tonycarver View Post
    i'm not the tallest guy in the world. just around 5'7". I purchased the mustang seat to give me an extra inch closer to the ground. any guys out there in the same boat? wondering if when I install it will I get that lowering effect?

I had one it, loved the feet down position, but, with 34" inseams it became a PIA riding positon, felt folded up a bit, and the extra effort to get the feet on pegs became a liability for my big Azz. About the sexiest look available for the F6 IMHO. Although i could hold the bike up if my 5'2" wife was driving. Great seat wished it maintained the OEM riding position or they sold a variant like Ultimate

Same problem... I put a rain cover on it for the night when the bike sleeps outdoor. At this moment we have some thunderstorm with lots of rain...
    I will contact a saddle maker here in France to change the cover for a waterproof one. It's not expensive, less than 100 EUR.

Quote Originally Posted by djohncline View Post
    I had one it, loved the feet down position, but, with 34" inseams it became a PIA riding positon, felt folded up a bit, and the extra effort to get the feet on pegs became a liability for my big Azz. About the sexiest look available for the F6 IMHO. Although i could hold the bike up if my 5'2" wife was driving. Great seat wished it maintained the OEM riding position or they sold a variant like Ultimate
    Agree with all you say, even though it's the best looking seat made, mine is in the attic.

Conditioning Ultimate Seats

A short time ago, we were discussing what conditioner could be used on Ultimate Seats to protect the material and increase water-resistance. Someone mentioned we could use ProtectAll and a discussion on where to purchase that ensued. Just today, I sent an e-mail to Des at Ultimate to confirm that ProtectAll was recommended. He answered that they did NOT recommend using ProtectAll. What they do recommend is using either their own conditioner or another product called Cycle Care Formula 4. Either of these products sell for around $17 for an 8 oz. bottle. Of course, no conditioner will help with water penetrating the thread stitching. Just thought you'd like to know .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Smooth Seat vs Tuck and Roll....Waterproof

Just wondering, Has anyone ordered, seen or have a picture of the Corbin seat without the stitching? Seems a number of people are concerned about a wet butt due to the stitching, I was wondering if a smooth seat would be the way to go and how it would look.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do Unto Others.........Then run like Hell"

78 GL1000 Black
    02 VTX 1800c Illusion Blue
    04 Rune NRX 1800 Dbl Clearcoat Black
    13 Goldwing 1800 F6B Black.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_go View Post
    Just wondering, Has anyone ordered, seen or have a picture of the Corbin seat without the stitching? Seems a number of people are concerned about a wet butt due to the stitching, I was wondering if a smooth seat would be the way to go and how it would look.
    Thanks
    From your avatar it looks like your seat will be wet not matter if you get stitching or not.

I have a stock seat and I usually don't have issues with water on my seat.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have the standard Mustang. Had it for about 14 months and 15000 miles. Love it. No wet butt issues when the seat gets wet.
    Attachment 10575
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]