Full face or modular? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full face or modular?

Yep, I used full face helmets until I bought the F6B. Then went with the Shoei Neotec modular. It's comfortable, very well ventilated, I can easily get to the straw on my coffee coolata. I did make the mistake of flipping the front open at 90 mph and once again said "what was I thinking??!!" But at a leisurely 50-55 with the front open I sip a refreshing beverage without difficulty.

I bought Sweetie the shoei Qwest Sonoma and we use Cardo Scala Q3 comunicators. The helmets are first class and we are still figuring out the many capabilities of the comunicators.

I will say the UCLEAR comunicators are ok but NOT waterproof. I wish cyclegear had told me that BEFORE I purchased those.

I use an HJC SyMax III. I love it.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Remember- only a Full face helmet can get the Snell certification, which means multiple impacts. DOT focuses on initial impact.
    My Roof has E22-05 both open and full face which is the European equivalent

With a front end like that

I Love a big front in w/ a 1/2 helmet. It's that dog hangin' out the window thingy!

But until I get a windshield figured out I'm stuck in a modular Shoei and I'm dying!!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by WingThing View Post
    We use the "Shark EVO" line of Modular helmets. You get the best of both worlds being able to ride at any speed eitherfull face or open mode. Here's a video link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...70810081,d.b2U
    Looks cool, how quiet are they? Need something else, my HJC 3/4 is driving me nuts with all it's noise and rattling in the wind.
    ss^,
    Ken

Shark Evoline 3

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Looks cool, how quiet are they? Need something else, my HJC 3/4 is driving me nuts with all it's noise and rattling in the wind.
    I have just bought my second Shark Evoline helmet. I had the 1 and now I bought the 3. It's lighter and easier to open and close. It's very quiet with the chinbar flipped up, and I don't always feel the need for ear plugs.

Attachment 6969Attachment 6970Attachment 6971
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=SmallPasture;37891
    But until I get a windshield figured out I'm stuck,,,[/QUOTE]

We can help ya with that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    I have just bought my second Shark Evoline helmet. I had the 1 and now I bought the 3. It's lighter and easier to open and close. It's very quiet with the chinbar flipped up, and I don't always feel the need for ear plugs.

Attachment 6969Attachment 6970Attachment 6971
    I love the design features of that helmet, but the liner hurts my bald head. I use it occasionally around town though.

I Like Both

I own a bunch of full face helmets, for safety I think a full face is the way to go...

Although that being said, I also own 2 modulars... when I ride in groups, Its super nice to flip up and talk at a red light..

My Scala rider com set is mounted in my newest Modular. Long trips, I think this will be my new "go to" helmet.

both of my modulars are not vented nearly as well as my full face helmets, when my head is sweaty, I find myself riding chin up to cool my face and mellon

I also own a "skid lid" you know one of those 1/2 helmet things with a short visor (like harley guys ride with...)(I think its about worthless as a helmet, but when its 95* in North Carolina, they still make you wear a helmet).

It also seems to me as if most new modulars are automatically dished out inside for Comm Stuff. Deeper holes over the ears to accommodate speakers and room for mics...

If I'm racing or stunting on my dirt bike/Supermoto, it's full face
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

I've got 3 helmets, including a Schuberth C3 modular. I personally wouldn't buy a full face, as I wear glasses. From my snowmobiling days, a full face and glasses are a royal PITA. I am very happy with the fit/finish/ergonomics of the Schuberth, but for the price, I'd better be!