Givi trunk - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Givi trunk

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    It's a 2014 Harley chopped tour pack. Takes less than a couple of minutes to take off or put on. I have it off after mounting my new seat, I'm going to put it back on in the next day or two, I'll send you some pics via private message when I do it.
    Feel free to post to the board!

Hondabikepro rack and Givi case

I used the hondabikepro rack to mount the Givi case. The rack is super sturdy and can hold as much as you can put on it. I also serves as the mounting platform for my Admore LED rear and side lighting arrays.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ll=1#post13987
    Bill from Hattiesburg, home of The University Of Southern Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurns40 View Post
    Feel free to post to the board!
    Okie dokie, as I have shared before, the base is a cut down HD detachable rack I had, I epoxied some washers on the bottom of the mount for added stability, I used the HD part for looks from the side and rear, and also because it fit the chopped box. Spacers made from pipe, box is screwed to the Honda luggage mount fittings. I used a hole saw thru the bottom of the box to gain access to the mounting plate. I cover those with tape, although no water can get in, and all is covered with the rubber mat. I attached a loop at the bottom of the box and ran the antenna thru that. I keep the box mounted to the plate at all times and it takes just a couple minutes to mount or dismount. The chopped box looks like a stock Honda part, and due to it's low silhouette the bike maintains a far different look than a standard wing. Works for me.

I am likewise not a fan of trunks, but i have to admit you guys are really good craftsman - great results!
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Cool Trunk??

I understand the reason for the acquisition for a trunk, but if you really wanted that extra rom, why not buy the Standard Goldwing with the trunk. To me this bike looks so good without a trunk on the back, I am completely satisfied with a bungied bag, or buying or constructing a trailer for my extra gear.

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    I understand the reason for the acquisition for a trunk, but if you really wanted that extra rom, why not buy the Standard Goldwing with the trunk. To me this bike looks so good without a trunk on the back, I am completely satisfied with a bungied bag, or buying or constructing a trailer for my extra gear.
    I don't run the thing all the time. It's all about choices. Check out my other posts for my other options. If I had wanted a full wing, that's what I would have bought.

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    I dont intend to run the trunk all the time either, like I said, have a 5000 mile trip coming up and a trunk sitting in the barn already (ie, free!) So why not? I bought 4 bolts, otherwise existing equipment. I was waiting for the first "if you want a trunk, why didnt you buy a goldwing" comment.
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

I'll probably ride with the trunk all the time, although most of the time it will be empty while I'm riding, and only used when parked. I use the trunk as a place to store helmet and jacket and gloves when I'm off the bike. Since the side bags aren't big enough for a full face helmet, and I don't care for the existing helmet lock on the bike, the GIVI was the way to go. The GIVI that I have on there now is low and sleek looking, I think it looks great with the bike. If I travel it will be a great place to store a camera to have at the ready.

I like the full size goldwing, but this is the bike I wanted. There is a lot of other stuff on the goldwing that I didn't want, and I never ride with passengers so I don't really need all that accommodation.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Quote Originally Posted by darcym View Post
    I'll probably ride with the trunk all the time, although most of the time it will be empty while I'm riding, and only used when parked. I use the trunk as a place to store helmet and jacket and gloves when I'm off the bike. Since the side bags aren't big enough for a full face helmet, and I don't care for the existing helmet lock on the bike, the GIVI was the way to go. The GIVI that I have on there now is low and sleek looking, I think it looks great with the bike. If I travel it will be a great place to store a camera to have at the ready.

I like the full size goldwing, but this is the bike I wanted. There is a lot of other stuff on the goldwing that I didn't want, and I never ride with passengers so I don't really need all that accommodation.
    Yep, I like mine too, even though it won't hold a helmet. I use mine daily to carry my computer back and forth to the office, and to have everything I need when working MSF classes. In my opinion, this ain't your daddy's Goldwing.

I love the looks, that's awesome. I like that it's easily removable. I don't need extra storage when riding by myself, which is almost always, but sometimes my mom and I go riding and I want her to have a backrest. This would do. I do wonder though what would a Razor Trunk look like instead of chopped one? Hmmm...