POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Had the recall work done. Don't notice any difference, hopefully never will.

Didn't need any notification in hand. Just went to my local Honda dealership, they looked up my VIN, ordered the parts, and when they arrived I took my bike in for the work. A bit of delay getting in because of the weather. but only took a couple of weeks start to finish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no difference, no issues

had the recall done earlier this month. finally got to take it out for an extended ride.

the tech told me the rear fluid was like coffee, so i had the front brake and clutch fluids changed, good for 30k more miles
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

I was going over my bike tonight (was lucky enough to have good weather yesterday for a ride) and I am one of the few here whom had a bad experience with the brake recall. No fault with mothership Honda... but problems with a local servicing dealership.

Tonight... I noticed that my top rear bleed fitting now is leaking brake fluid down the rear of the caliper. I didn't take a picture of it (I should have though since I have been documented all of this horrible experience with my dealer's work) because I did not have my camera with me and immediately started to wipe the brake fluid off of the caliper; and subsequently decided to back the top bleed fitting out; and re-torgue it back down to 4 ft pounds.

I am keeping my eye on it now. This is a brand new rear brake caliper that the dealer had to replace; since they "eff'ed" up the first one by ruining the threads for the lower bleeder fitting; which profoundly leaked after they did the rear brake master cylinder recall.

I am trying to remain optimistically hopeful that this top bleed fitting just was not tightened down to spec; and the brake fluid was just making it way past the threads. Although this was most certainly a fresh stream of fluid that was coating the rear of the caliper... I dunno....

Really getting perturbed about this shit. This is not rocket science. Should I now be calling some USA Honda customer service hotline?

I just want to ride my bike. Not to be constantly checking previous service work done by an "authorized" Honda dealership.

F*ck.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

mine got done

Dropped it of yesterday, drove wifes over to pick it up and drop hers off. I was talking to the parts lady, who said that they have to order by VIN. guess thats ok, as long as it's done.

I had the recall work done about a month ago. I was reluctant to have someone else put their hands on my bike, but did it anyway. No damage of any sort but rear brake pedal was very soft. My dilemma was, take it back and risk another blunder, or do it right myself. I bit the bullet, bought eight speed bleeders, and some fluid, to my surprise, the supposed fresh fluid seemed dark and dirty. As of now I am very disappointed with dealer service, and probably will never go back, unless there is a major recall. The speed bleeders are a excellent product A-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    I had the recall work done about a month ago. I was reluctant to have someone else put their hands on my bike, but did it anyway. No damage of any sort but rear brake pedal was very soft. My dilemma was, take it back and risk another blunder, or do it right myself. I bit the bullet, bought eight speed bleeders, and some fluid, to my surprise, the supposed fresh fluid seemed dark and dirty. As of now I am very disappointed with dealer service, and probably will never go back, unless there is a major recall. The speed bleeders are a excellent product A-1
    You may want to check your rear brake light; to make sure it is not always on. Been there, done that as well.

See this post below for guidance. Actually everyone whom has had the recall performed needs to check their brake light.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...t=brake+switch

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You may want to check your rear brake light; to make sure it is not always on. Been there, done that as well.

See this post below for guidance. Actually everyone whom has had the recall performed needs to check their brake light.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...t=brake+switch
    Thanks for heads up, did check, and they did get that right.

My F6B is in the shop now to take care of the brake recall, add the heated grips and get an oil change.

Had both bikes done on the same day. Pre-ordered the parts brought one in the A.M. & the next after lunch. Ride Now in Ocala. all good.
    11231688_10206128563551583_5934837486282783783_n.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Stopped by a somewhat local dealership today, they ordered my recall parts, will call when they come in. Newer dealership, have not done any F6b's yet. Like many, generally do my own work, last time I took a bike to a dealership they screwed up a rim.
    Any body panels I should take off to keep from tabs being broken? I am at 20,000 miles and never been back to a dealer, I will leave the filter go till this coming winter, Do my own oil/filter changes, will have them replace the clutch fluid. Sound feasible ?