Cruise control
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Cruise control

Did anyone have and aftermarket cruise control installed yet? I just can not have a bike without it. But I just love this bike. AAAHHHHHH

Went with a throttle lock. Biught mine from Throttlemeister. Very pleased with it. Looks and works great!

Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by micky_foccer View Post
    Went with a throttle lock. Biught mine from Throttlemeister. Very pleased with it. Looks and works great!
    Throttlemeister here +1

NO real cruise yet, Hoping Pete gets it done soon. Like you I am missing mine more than I thought I would.

Throttle lock devices simply don't work here in the mountains.

Throttlemeister for me too until a full cruise is available. My TM is so much better than nothing at all. It works great with this bike - even pulling a trailer.

Russ

Go cruise

I bought the new Aluminum go cruise! works good for me .

I have successfully installed a Rostra cuise contol on the F6B. It was a difficult task, but it certainly doable. The cruise engages smoothly & holds speeds within a mile an hour or so. Due to local traffic conditions, I've only been able to test it between 40 & 60 mph.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Interesting.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Great minds think alike it seems did you pickup the speed pulse direct from the bike or did you have to use a multiplier/divider what are your DIP settings

We went side ways with the mount allows for the heated grip switches

Making this part for the throttle body

Not fully fitted needs a 7mm thread extender

Cable routes around the front

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

If you'll notice, my throttle body lever is bent with an offset, so that it fits within the recess in the stock throttle cable rotary arm. My throttle arm is .060. I removed the stock lock washer & used a star washer, which is much thinner than the stock washer. I reused the stock nut.

I mounted my cruise control the way I did so that i could access the dip switches easier. I had to move the wire attachments for the heated grips. I still have room for the heated grips controller & I can get the radiator cap off if I have to.

For the speed signal, I tapped into the VS wire near where it goes into the ECM. It's the white wire w/black stripe (#A10) on the Black connector. I used a X4 frequency divider between the VS wire and the Rostra unit. I was never able to actually determine the "pluses per mile", but it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 70,000 to 75,000. The VS signal is picked up off of the counter shaft 4th gear, which has 27 teeth and the engine turns 3250 @ 60 mph. 27 X 3250 = 87750. If I knew the gear reduction between the engine crankshaft & the counter shaft, the exact pulses per mile could be calculated.

I also tapped onto one of the coil driver wires (#A26, A27, or A28) for the RPM signal. This won't give the Rostra unit the exact RPM, but it doesn't matter, because the Rostra unit monitors the "rate of RPM change" for safety purposes if the clutch is pulled in or the transmission is knocked out of gear somehow.

The dip switch settings I used are based on the length of the lever arm and the relative angle that I used as it's attached to the throttle body. My arm has a C-C of 1-1/2" & the angle would be about 4:30 on the clock.

Gain: low
    Pulses/Mile: 19,300
    Engine/set up: 4 cylinder low
    VSS Source: Square wave
    Tranmission: Manual
    Control Sw: Open
    Attached Images Attached Images