Cruise control - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

I put the Breakaway on my bike. My setup works great and I would not settle for anything less...Yes its $180. +but it works you set it and for get it

Quote Originally Posted by jdurbin View Post
    I got my Omni Cruise last week. Fits on heated grips with Kuryakyn grips. Works surprisingly well.
    Did you purchase the oversize rubber ring to accomodate the Kuryakyn heated grip covers?

~BC~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    There is only a little thing that could be optimized:
    Maybe the speed is set to 80km/h, i have to break down to 50km/h and then i push the "Resume"-button -> There is a little jerk going through the bike. The same when i push the Off-Button. The Cruise Controll immediately shuts off and the engine break works. To avoid this you have to give a little bit of Gas and hold it and then push the off-Button. It's no big deal, you just have to know about that.

Under the bottom line: I can recommend the -------- and i would definetly buy it again for the F6B.
    From what I understand letting go of the throttle turns the engine off, and somewhere in the -------- instructions it says the cruise should hold the engine open by 100RPM when not in use to avoid this jerk.

I also had to play with the cable adjustment to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    My Honda mechanic finally made it to install the -------- Cruise Control just a day before the start of our riding tour to Croatia with the F6B. I can handle only a coffee machine, so i truly wasn't the right man to install something like this onto the bike.

I used the System about 700 miles on the Highway and about 450 miles on rural roads so far. The system works exactly the same way like in cars with the three known buttons:

1. SET/ACC
    2. RES/DEC
    3. ON/OFF

It holds exactly the speed you have set and accelerates or lowers the torque if going uphill or downhill for example. Of course, like in a car, when going downhill the capabilities of the engine break are limited and you may have to break yourself if it's to steep.

When pulling the break or changing a gear the cruise control is going into "standby". You can push "Resume" and it goes to the previously set speed.

In my opinion it does a very good job and is a big benefit for comfort.

There is only a little thing that could be optimized:
    Maybe the speed is set to 80km/h, i have to break down to 50km/h and then i push the "Resume"-button -> There is a little jerk going through the bike. The same when i push the Off-Button. The Cruise Controll immediately shuts off and the engine break works. To avoid this you have to give a little bit of Gas and hold it and then push the off-Button. It's no big deal, you just have to know about that.

Under the bottom line: I can recommend the -------- and i would definetly buy it again for the F6B.
    Mate great write up and that Photo is sweet

It looks like it was made to fit their

Thank you, Terry! I am happy that i had the change to be helpful somehow. -------- is in your wonderful country, so shipping fees shouldn't be too high.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Great minds think alike it seems did you pickup the speed pulse direct from the bike or did you have to use a multiplier/divider what are your DIP settings

We went side ways with the mount allows for the heated grip switches

Making this part for the throttle body

Not fully fitted needs a 7mm thread extender

Cable routes around the front

Hi All, sorry to revive such an old post, but does anyone here happen to have the pics in this post saved? I'm hoping to tackle the rostra install in my 2014 this fall. I'm trying to gather up as much info I can find to be prepared. Any info you have would appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dean

Dean,

Happy to help. I'm coming up on my next air filter change soon. I'll be happy to pull the air box out while I'm in and grab a few photos for you of the linkage setup I used. I'll also grab some photos of how I mounted the box itself, and will log the DIP settings I arrived at. They vary a bit from others published in threads. That way you can try the others out there as well as the ones I landed on and see what works best for you.

Cheers!

Hi Russell, I bought a used 08 GW throttle body for the lost motion parts. I may not use it after I see how you've mounted yours. I'm also going to order the right handlebar switch assembly for the +15 .From pictures I've seen, I'd say the connector is different. Did you use the original connector from the bike, then direct connect the wires used for the cruise to the rostra wires? Where is the connector located roughly?
    I'm ordering up stuff, and trying to prepare for the installation best I can in my mind. Probably won't start into it until riding season slows down up here.
    Thanks again,
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Ok here it comes...
    If the full GoldWings come with a cruise control system, is it possible to take that system and install it on the F6B? I'm assuming the answer is no. I wouldn't think you guys are going through this exercise just because you can.

Is it a fitment problem between the two bikes or cost or design difference between the bagger and the full wing? Or all of the above?
    It can not be done because the F6B has a different wiring harness,

DeanB - If you have the 08 full wing throttle body, that will be easier. It already has the cruise cam to hook to.

The cable cam closest to the throttle body is the one for the throttle, and the one outer is the cruise. On the F6b, it has the throttle cam but not the cruise cam. It DOES still have the dowel cast into the throttle cam, which is the "finger" that the cruise cam catches on to make the throttle move. That dowel is what I used to hook to. I simply drilled the dowel, slid the ring on the end of the cruise cable onto that dowel and pinned it in place through the newly drilled hole. Our F6b throttle body already has the bracket to hold the cruise cable sheathing, too...so mounting it all was really simple.

The throttle body had to be removed even to do it the way I did (to drill the dowel), so it'd just super easy just to pop on the 08 throttle body you have and save the trouble.