Quote Originally Posted by bstroh59 View Post
I got the Rostera cruise on my wife's F6 working. I did most everything the same as Pete and Barry in the early posts, so I appreciate their info. Here's a couple of things I did different:

1. I didn't use the relay switch for the brake "kill" switch and found that I could run a wire from the "Cold" pickup on the cruise to the back of the bike and get a true ground on the wire. The cold side coming from the rear wheel brake switch is on the front side of a solenoid under the seat, which didn't give me a full ground. If you pick up the wire that is after the solenoid that runs along the right frame, it will give you a true ground.

2. I also put on a clutch kill switch. (Part SW, CLUTCH CRUISE 35335-MG9-951) I ran a wire from the green wire (it's only about 10" long) that ends in the wire harness, to the clutch switch and then to a ground. Pretty simple and it kills the cruise control as soon as you touch the clutch. I think this is a little better then the over rev function.

3. I also bought the right controls (switches) off a wrecked bike and cannibalized the switches. When you do this, you have to swap the control body of the reverse switch and the cruise on/off switch. Careful when you pop these open, there's a little spring inside that loves to go flying.

It was a lot of work, and not an easy add on, but I think my wife is going to love it.
After 3 rides and a little over 400 miles........

1. First and foremost, the wife loves it!!!
2. I changed the gain to Extra Low from what Barry had. It still had a little bit of a surge, and changing this smoothed it out.

Taking a long trip next weekend, so we'll see how much it helps her on shoulder fatigue.