Cruise control - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

T Meister install

Having trouble rolling back the rubber grip on heated grip model any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    What does R 750.77 mean in dollars, that's the price listed.
    Looks like $70 or so.

-------- installed and tested

My Honda mechanic finally made it to install the -------- Cruise Control just a day before the start of our riding tour to Croatia with the F6B. I can handle only a coffee machine, so i truly wasn't the right man to install something like this onto the bike.

I used the System about 700 miles on the Highway and about 450 miles on rural roads so far. The system works exactly the same way like in cars with the three known buttons:

1. SET/ACC
    2. RES/DEC
    3. ON/OFF

It holds exactly the speed you have set and accelerates or lowers the torque if going uphill or downhill for example. Of course, like in a car, when going downhill the capabilities of the engine break are limited and you may have to break yourself if it's to steep.

When pulling the break or changing a gear the cruise control is going into "standby". You can push "Resume" and it goes to the previously set speed.

In my opinion it does a very good job and is a big benefit for comfort.

There is only a little thing that could be optimized:
    Maybe the speed is set to 80km/h, i have to break down to 50km/h and then i push the "Resume"-button -> There is a little jerk going through the bike. The same when i push the Off-Button. The Cruise Controll immediately shuts off and the engine break works. To avoid this you have to give a little bit of Gas and hold it and then push the off-Button. It's no big deal, you just have to know about that.

Under the bottom line: I can recommend the -------- and i would definetly buy it again for the F6B.

How far are you from Raleigh, NC? I'll come down and you can do mine, OK? Or, the --------.....I forgot about that.

Good to know the results on the MC cruise. I hear the kit is complete including brackets.
    The Rostra works great as well for 1/3rd the price but you do have to do much more in electrical, and make your own brackets which may be a deal breaker for some. At least there are options for real cruise control!

DareDevil
    Bike should hold perfect going up or down hills go one turn in on servo cable should be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    My Honda mechanic finally made it to install the -------- Cruise Control just a day before the start of our riding tour to Croatia with the F6B. I can handle only a coffee machine, so i truly wasn't the right man to install something like this onto the bike.

I used the System about 700 miles on the Highway and about 450 miles on rural roads so far. The system works exactly the same way like in cars with the three known buttons:

1. SET/ACC
    2. RES/DEC
    3. ON/OFF

It holds exactly the speed you have set and accelerates or lowers the torque if going uphill or downhill for example. Of course, like in a car, when going downhill the capabilities of the engine break are limited and you may have to break yourself if it's to steep.

When pulling the break or changing a gear the cruise control is going into "standby". You can push "Resume" and it goes to the previously set speed.

In my opinion it does a very good job and is a big benefit for comfort.

There is only a little thing that could be optimized:
    Maybe the speed is set to 80km/h, i have to break down to 50km/h and then i push the "Resume"-button -> There is a little jerk going through the bike. The same when i push the Off-Button. The Cruise Controll immediately shuts off and the engine break works. To avoid this you have to give a little bit of Gas and hold it and then push the off-Button. It's no big deal, you just have to know about that.

Under the bottom line: I can recommend the -------- and i would definetly buy it again for the F6B.

Thank you for this advice, DareDevil! Will do so tomorrow.

I was going to get either a Throttle Meister or Breakaway Cruise (had this on my VTX and it worked great), then remembered that I had a Go Cruise from another bike. Did some searching and found it today in my garage. Put in on and took a ride and it works perfectly on the F6. I just need something to use when I want to rest my hand on the highway for a few seconds/minutes and for $18 this can't be beat. It works far better on the F6 for some reason versus the Harley I previously tried it on.

DareDevil
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    Thank you for this advice, DareDevil! Will do so tomorrow.
    No problem mine did the same thing after I installed it cable was one turn to tight.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    We still love you Pete!
    See you in a couple of weeks