Cruise control - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    I ordered my -------- yesterday.

Will take some time, till it hits germany from australia, but as soon as i have it installed, i will let you know about my experience with this system.

Kuare, got any feedback, review on that MC Cruise? --DJH

ArkF6BRider

Quote Originally Posted by moorege View Post
    Did anyone have and aftermarket cruise control installed yet? I just can not have a bike without it. But I just love this bike. AAAHHHHHH
    just put my go cruise on today. Very simple to install and worked perfect.

real cruise

so what has been released for a real electric cruise that I can buy and install? did I sleep through an announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    so what has been released for a real electric cruise that I can buy and install? did I sleep through an announcement?
    MC Cruise has a unit out for a little less than 1K, or as stated here you can use the Rostra unit which is much cheaper but you will have to make up brackets. Both will require a lot of labor.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    MC Cruise has a unit out for a little less than 1K, or as stated here you can use the Rostra unit which is much cheaper but you will have to make up brackets. Both will require a lot of labor.
    So why doesn't someone with the means and knowhow make these brackets and sell them to fellow F6B riders for a fair price....Just sayin.....Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    So why doesn't someone with the means and knowhow make these brackets and sell them to fellow F6B riders for a fair price....Just sayin.....Dickie
    All variable, depending on exactly where and how you want the control box mounted, and your choice of throttle hook up. If you have heated grips or not the location can be different.

Same with the switches, some want them on the left, others like me on the right. Not that hard to do. If you have the skills to tear the bike down and do the electrical I would think making the brackets would be pretty simple. I think the MC Cruise does include them. It also looks like they have simplified the electrical work?

T Meister install

Having trouble rolling back the rubber grip on heated grip model any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Dean,

Happy to help. I'm coming up on my next air filter change soon. I'll be happy to pull the air box out while I'm in and grab a few photos for you of the linkage setup I used. I'll also grab some photos of how I mounted the box itself, and will log the DIP settings I arrived at. They vary a bit from others published in threads. That way you can try the others out there as well as the ones I landed on and see what works best for you.

Cheers!

Hi Russell, I bought a used 08 GW throttle body for the lost motion parts. I may not use it after I see how you've mounted yours. I'm also going to order the right handlebar switch assembly for the +15 .From pictures I've seen, I'd say the connector is different. Did you use the original connector from the bike, then direct connect the wires used for the cruise to the rostra wires? Where is the connector located roughly?
    I'm ordering up stuff, and trying to prepare for the installation best I can in my mind. Probably won't start into it until riding season slows down up here.
    Thanks again,
    Dean

DeanB - If you have the 08 full wing throttle body, that will be easier. It already has the cruise cam to hook to.

The cable cam closest to the throttle body is the one for the throttle, and the one outer is the cruise. On the F6b, it has the throttle cam but not the cruise cam. It DOES still have the dowel cast into the throttle cam, which is the "finger" that the cruise cam catches on to make the throttle move. That dowel is what I used to hook to. I simply drilled the dowel, slid the ring on the end of the cruise cable onto that dowel and pinned it in place through the newly drilled hole. Our F6b throttle body already has the bracket to hold the cruise cable sheathing, too...so mounting it all was really simple.

The throttle body had to be removed even to do it the way I did (to drill the dowel), so it'd just super easy just to pop on the 08 throttle body you have and save the trouble.