Cruise control - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Thanks for all of your help, I'll start gathering parts and get started on this ASAP.

Stupid question but I'll ask

Ok here it comes...
    If the full GoldWings come with a cruise control system, is it possible to take that system and install it on the F6B? I'm assuming the answer is no. I wouldn't think you guys are going through this exercise just because you can.

Is it a fitment problem between the two bikes or cost or design difference between the bagger and the full wing? Or all of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Ok here it comes...
    If the full GoldWings come with a cruise control system, is it possible to take that system and install it on the F6B? I'm assuming the answer is no. I wouldn't think you guys are going through this exercise just because you can.

Is it a fitment problem between the two bikes or cost or design difference between the bagger and the full wing? Or all of the above?
    Yes not a problem it can be done electrically/mechanically but really it comes down to cost, unusually Honda actually did change a lot of the wiring harness on the F6B rather than just use what they had on the shelf, even the throttle body is different in the fact that it does not have the second throttle boss for the cruise cable, you can buy it but only as part of the complete assembly or get a used body and strip it down.

By the time you purchased/changed everything you needed to t would be prohibitive for most people, the method detailed here is the most cost effective/functional the only change I would make is to not use the Rostra controller but modify a factor wing right hand control cluster to give the factory look.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

I want to provide a little more info on the Rostra control unit for this install. It is not waterproof, therefore, you must waterproof if before the install. You do this by taking the the control apart & carefully sealing it with silicone as you reassemble it. I did this on another m/c and have spent many hours in the rain without any problems.

You can also simplify the installation by using Rostra #250-3593 control unit. The 250-3593 control does not have the "engaged" light, and thus eliminates the requirement to use a relay in the wiring scheme. The control that I used (#250-3592) requires a pos. signal to activate the "engaged" light, whereas, the servo unit outputs a neg. signal when the cruise is engaged.

I agree with PEDRO66 on the use of a G/W control, but for now I'm satisfied with the Rostra control. As I stated earlier, I may look into the use of a G/W control this winter. For now I'm going to ride & enjoy the Summer with my cruise control equipped F6B.

Barry

Go Cruise

I want to order the Go Cruise, can't find it locally. Which size do I order? It has a bar size but why does that matter when it mounts to the grip?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I want to order the Go Cruise, can't find it locally. Which size do I order? It has a bar size but why does that matter when it mounts to the grip?

No clue on why there is a bar size.I got mine on E-bay $29.99 with free shipping.It has the thumb wheel to adjust how tight you want it on your grip.

I finally found one at a local store. It's the 1" and so far seems to fit fine. I'll test it and post a pic tomorrow.

Is it easy to install?

Quote Originally Posted by RT59 View Post
    Throttlemeister for me too until a full cruise is available. My TM is so much better than nothing at all. It works great with this bike - even pulling a trailer.

Russ
    I purchased a Kaoko and I would have to take the weight out of the end of the grip. It's not that easy. Unless there is a special tool.
    How much work is the Throttlemeister to install? Unscrew and screw? If it is, I'll send this Kaoko back and get a Throttlemeister. I'm using a Go Cruise. I just finished a 2700 mile trip and it was useful.

Well, I know one thing now; Vista Cruise won't fit with the heated grips..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Tried out the Go Cruise yesterday. Inexpensive, easy install and easy to use. Takes some messing with it to get the speed where you want and doesn't compensate for hills but for those long flat roads it's nice to rest the right hand for a bit. Best bang for the buck IMO. $20 at my local bike shop.

IMG_0833.JPGIMG_0905.jpg