Cruise control - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    BARRYS770;

Great job, and good info. I installed this same unit on my Rune, and am really pleased with it.
    Curious why you set the "engine/set up" at 4 cylinder instead of 6.
    What is the minimum speed you can set with the pulses/mile setting at 19,300 ?
    Thanks.

I'm not sure of the actual "minimum" speed that the unit will set at. I've set it at 30 mph, but never tried it below that speed.

Barry

Banned

Thanks Barry, that info will help me fine tune mine.

ArkF6BRider

Quote Originally Posted by moorege View Post
    Did anyone have and aftermarket cruise control installed yet? I just can not have a bike without it. But I just love this bike. AAAHHHHHH
    just put my go cruise on today. Very simple to install and worked perfect.

real cruise

so what has been released for a real electric cruise that I can buy and install? did I sleep through an announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    so what has been released for a real electric cruise that I can buy and install? did I sleep through an announcement?
    MC Cruise has a unit out for a little less than 1K, or as stated here you can use the Rostra unit which is much cheaper but you will have to make up brackets. Both will require a lot of labor.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    MC Cruise has a unit out for a little less than 1K, or as stated here you can use the Rostra unit which is much cheaper but you will have to make up brackets. Both will require a lot of labor.
    So why doesn't someone with the means and knowhow make these brackets and sell them to fellow F6B riders for a fair price....Just sayin.....Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    So why doesn't someone with the means and knowhow make these brackets and sell them to fellow F6B riders for a fair price....Just sayin.....Dickie
    All variable, depending on exactly where and how you want the control box mounted, and your choice of throttle hook up. If you have heated grips or not the location can be different.

Same with the switches, some want them on the left, others like me on the right. Not that hard to do. If you have the skills to tear the bike down and do the electrical I would think making the brackets would be pretty simple. I think the MC Cruise does include them. It also looks like they have simplified the electrical work?

Quote Originally Posted by micky_foccer View Post
    Went with a throttle lock. Biught mine from Throttlemeister. Very pleased with it. Looks and works great!
    Is the Throttlemeister east to install and adjust?

I have fitted a MC cruise and just love it, it comes complete with brackets and a very comprehensive set of instructions, by just following the instruction I was able to do this by myself, took about 18 hrs but I took my time and read the instruction very carefully and often.
    MC told me a competent Honda mech a can do them in about 5 hrs.
    It works like a treat, it has not faulted on my 8,000 km trip around Aust so far.

I ordered my -------- yesterday.

Will take some time, till it hits germany from australia, but as soon as i have it installed, i will let you know about my experience with this system.