Givi trunk
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Givi trunk

Givi trunk

I have an upcoming 5000 mile trip planned and had been worried about how to pack that much gear. Then remembered I had an old Givi Monokey top box out in the barn that was on a Pacific Coast I had years ago. Apparently Honda hasnt changed its red color in 20 years either, I think it matches pretty good. Anyway, I had to drill 2 new holes in the givi mount to match the holes that the backrest mounts to and viola.. Detachable trunk. I have to pretty up the bolts a bit but you get the general idea. Anyway, the wife will be happy that it only cost me 4 new longer bolts. And when I get back from the trip, it all comes back off with 4 bolts and backrest back on.Attachment 6939Attachment 6940Attachment 6941Attachment 6942Attachment 6943
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    I have an upcoming 5000 mile trip planned and had been worried about how to pack that much gear. Then remembered I had an old Givi Monokey top box out in the barn that was on a Pacific Coast I had years ago. Apparently Honda hasnt changed its red color in 20 years either, I think it matches pretty good. Anyway, I had to drill 2 new holes in the givi mount to match the holes that the backrest mounts to and viola.. Detachable trunk. I have to pretty up the bolts a bit but you get the general idea. Anyway, the wife will be happy that it only cost me 4 new longer bolts. And when I get back from the trip, it all comes back off with 4 bolts and backrest back on.Attachment 6939Attachment 6940Attachment 6941Attachment 6942Attachment 6943
    i did the same..made an adapter for the small saddleman trunk...model 1700
    wife never rides so im good with a small extra trunk
    and yes i know....usless with out pictures but i aint got none!!

Looks good..

That looks like it works out very nicely. And the color is spot on, couple of yellow stripes and you are good to go.

Looks great. I intend to do something similar with mine. Twisted Throttle has a luggage rack that has the Givi mount integrated. I figure the trunk functions as a backrest when I have passenger or extra storage for a longer tour.

Is that case a 52 litre Maxia, I wonder how large I can go without interference with the antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by The Highwayman View Post
    Looks great. I intend to do something similar with mine. Twisted Throttle has a luggage rack that has the Givi mount integrated. I figure the trunk functions as a backrest when I have passenger or extra storage for a longer tour.

Is that case a 52 litre Maxia, I wonder how large I can go without interference with the antenna?
    I just put the 52 liter GIVI case on my F6B, using the steel rack from Twisted Throttle. You also have to buy and attach the adapter. Unfortunately, the steel rack does not use the same mounts as the stock Honda rack (which my bike came pre-installed with). So you have to take off the seat, the top and small rear body pieces to remove the stock hardware and reinstall the new hardware for the steel rack (which does match the same holes in the body work - just a different threaded mount). The rack is slightly larger than the stock back rack, and the 52 liter case slips right on and locks down nicely. The case does contact the antenna and bends it slightly aft, but not enough to worry about. I wouldn't get a case that's any larger, though.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    That looks like it works out very nicely. And the color is spot on, couple of yellow stripes and you are good to go.

I'm not a hardcase kinda guy, but a couple yellow stripes added to what ya have there will sure make it look like 'it was part of the bike'!

Excellent SCORE on having something like that (In the right color!!!!) just layin around that only required a little modding to fit yer 6!

"Bolt dressin' will be EZ,,, maybe some black hose/tubing over the bolts, paint the nuts,,,

Heck yeah!

Sorry to the guys that have seen this pic posted a number of times in other threads. There are a number of options for trunks as seen here with these two. Your GIVI looks great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Givi Trunk

Hiflyer, what kind of trunk is that? How did you mount it?

That is nice as long as it is an easy on, easy off.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    Hiflyer, what kind of trunk is that? How did you mount it?

That is nice as long as it is an easy on, easy off.
    It's a 2014 Harley chopped tour pack. Takes less than a couple of minutes to take off or put on. I have it off after mounting my new seat, I'm going to put it back on in the next day or two, I'll send you some pics via private message when I do it.