Givi trunk - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Givi trunk

Aftermarket Trunks

Several aftermarket Trunks on Amazon. Very reasonable. Bought one for my 750 Shadow, works fine. Holds 2 full Helmets.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A24FJG9QJIEUE2

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sco...productDetails

Subscribed

Sorry but in my subjective opinion, it doesn't fit at all. Straight lines and square shapes of saddlebags are opposite to rounded shape of Givi trunk. It hurts my feeling of aestheticism. Maybe Givi will design something new, something adapted to shape of F6B? We must wait a little.
    But it's only my humble opinion and as our ancestors says "De gustibus non disputandum est" (The sense of style is not subject of dispute").

Corbin produces something quite nice and looking very good:
    http://corbin.com/honda/hf6bsmug.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_N View Post
    Sorry but in my subjective opinion, it doesn't fit at all. Straight lines and square shapes of saddlebags are opposite to rounded shape of Givi trunk. It hurts my feeling of aestheticism. Maybe Givi will design something new, something adapted to shape of F6B? We must wait a little.
    But it's only my humble opinion and as our ancestors says "De gustibus non disputandum est" (The sense of style is not subject of dispute").

Corbin produces something quite nice and looking very good:
    http://corbin.com/honda/hf6bsmug.shtml
    Well it was only on temporarily on there anyway until the straight line square shape trunk was ready
    f6bbb.jpghondas2.jpg
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Congrats mtcgun, seems much better.

Would also like to see pix.

I have 2 (razor & chopped)HD tour packs I would like to mount one or the other and would like to see pix also.
    Thanks Steve.
    sksfox@bellsouth.net

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Okie dokie, as I have shared before, the base is a cut down HD detachable rack I had, I epoxied some washers on the bottom of the mount for added stability, I used the HD part for looks from the side and rear, and also because it fit the chopped box. Spacers made from pipe, box is screwed to the Honda luggage mount fittings. I used a hole saw thru the bottom of the box to gain access to the mounting plate. I cover those with tape, although no water can get in, and all is covered with the rubber mat. I attached a loop at the bottom of the box and ran the antenna thru that. I keep the box mounted to the plate at all times and it takes just a couple minutes to mount or dismount. The chopped box looks like a stock Honda part, and due to it's low silhouette the bike maintains a far different look than a standard wing. Works for me.

Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    Well it was only on temporarily on there anyway until the straight line square shape trunk was ready
    Attachment 9737Attachment 9738
    I see from the picture you have what looks to be a CB750K in your garage. I also own a 1981 CB750K and the F6B.

I mounted my Harley Davidson leather covered hard tour pack on the F6B. I used the Show Chrome rack but it would be difficult to remove and put back on.
    How did you make you yours easy to remove?

I need it because the saddle bags feel like they are going to break when I close the door with my modular full face Scorpion EXO900 transformer helmet. The door open light also comes on sometimes. I have attached pictures of the tour pack on both bikes.

Steve

20150317_222426.jpg20150317_222603.jpg20150317_222511.jpg20141109_203119.jpg

It's my son's 550 four. My razor trunk is just bolted to the 4 holes for the factory backrest. I just used longer bolts and spacers to get the angle I wanted. It's 4 bolts to take off. Maybe 10 minutes tops
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Well since I replaced the Givi trunk with the HD Razor, It seemed a shame to waste all that Givi stuff sitting in a corner, may as well make it useful for trips right?

Attachment 14196
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200