Rush Exhaust
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rush Exhaust

Rush Exhaust

I looked at several different exhausts before deciding which exhaust to install on our F6B.
    We have had numerous people stop by in the last couple months with several different exhausts installed. I was able to listen to all. Of all brands that we sell and don't sell I liked the Rush Racing Slip-Ons best.
    We decided to start carrying Rush Exhaust and tonight installed a set on our own F6B.

We promised multiple people in the last couple of weeks that we would post as soon as we got them installed so they could stop by and see what they thought.
    I went with the 2.25" baffles based on Rush's recommendations. The 2.25" baffles will give everyone a base line reference to listen to. Baffles are available in 2.0", 2.25" and 2.5" Baffles.
    I will have them listed in the next couple of days. We are only going to list the F6B with the longer tips that you see installed on our bike. They are more expensive, but will go to the end of the bags. Rush does not really recommend using tips on these bikes that end under the bag. Makes a mess under the bag and noisier.
    List price for the Chrome is $539.95 for the Pipes with 4025B Tips, our price with shipping is going to be $482.95. the Black will be about $10 more.

The pipes sound great, nice rumble and smooths out at cruising speeds. Not to loud, but enough louder then stock to make most people happy. I will be putting some instructions on the page to help with installation to aid with the non existent instructions which came with them.

Attachment 6945

We have the Rush Exhaust listed now.
    If anyone has questions just give us a call.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/Slip-OnExhaustwithTipsGL1800.aspx

Rick, great decision! I've run all 3sizes of baffles. agree 2.25 is good for local. May go back to 2.0 for long trips. Also agree with using pipe extended tips for all the same reasons you cited. Many compliments on the sound! More "Porsche" than Harley. Ride safe! Chuck

They really need to offer the 4025 tip (or any tip long enough to clear the bags) in chrome. Not a fan of the two tone look, which is the same reason I don't want to go black as I don't really want to mess with the heat shields. Any word on if they might do so?

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    They really need to offer the 4025 tip (or any tip long enough to clear the bags) in chrome. Not a fan of the two tone look, which is the same reason I don't want to go black as I don't really want to mess with the heat shields. Any word on if they might do so?
    I am pretty sure they will have the extended Tips in Chrome sometime soon. I was very hesitant about the Black Tips on there until it was installed. It looks really good in person.

need your assesment of the sound

Rick, have you had the bike out for a cruise on the open road? I would like your honest opinion on if there is any "drone" while cruising at speeds of 55 or 70mph.
    I had a Valkyrie and I cut the "piggies", which made a deeper sound that was good while stopped, but very annoying at riding speeds.

Thanks, Marty

I have but not for a long trip. It seems to mellow out a lot at cruising speeds. Leaving tomorrow morning for 6 days going through PA and WV and over to DC. Will be coming back west on Friday with my two boys to ride the Skyline Drive and then WV for a couple of Days. Will be riding our route for the SE Ohio Ride Sunday Afternoon and part of the day on Monday. Will be able to give you a pretty good idea on sound when on the bike all day for several days in a row. I had Tom T's Exhaust on my Valkyrie with Glass Pack's and Trombone inserts. It sounds good, a lot different then cutting the piggies. This is a different sound then with the Valkyrie. I will be able to tell, because our youngest son will be with me for the trip with my old Valkyrie. We will be at Groves Harley Davidson in Winchester VA on Friday Morning from about 8:30 AM till about noon if anyone wants to stop by. Mike Lamborne of MountainMan Art (He has painted all of our bikes) will be there for a dealer Open House. He is going to do some painting on our oldest sons bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    Rick, have you had the bike out for a cruise on the open road? I would like your honest opinion on if there is any "drone" while cruising at speeds of 55 or 70mph.
    I had a Valkyrie and I cut the "piggies", which made a deeper sound that was good while stopped, but very annoying at riding speeds.

Thanks, Marty

Thanks Rick

I went with the Mark T Packs and Stacks with bones and silencers on my Valk. I loved the sound with the packs and stacks, on night when I went to bike nights, I put in the bones for the noisy bunch. When the wife was along, she liked it quiet, so I ran with the silencers, still sounded good from the glasspacks but quiet for her. It was the best of all worlds. I wish someone would make packs and stacks for the GW style bikes.
    Please post your findings after your trip. Sounds like a great trip is planned, enjoy.
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    I went with the Mark T Packs and Stacks with bones and silencers on my Valk. I loved the sound with the packs and stacks, on night when I went to bike nights, I put in the bones for the noisy bunch. When the wife was along, she liked it quiet, so I ran with the silencers, still sounded good from the glasspacks but quiet for her. It was the best of all worlds. I wish someone would make packs and stacks for the GW style bikes.
    Please post your findings after your trip. Sounds like a great trip is planned, enjoy.
    Marty
    My Mark T Exhaust still looks perfect after all these years. He did those for me in 1999 for my first Valk and went on the Valk we have now in 2002 when the first Valk was smashed when I hit the deer. I couldn't run it with just the Glass Packs, way to noisy for me. Cut the trombones off 5" and been great ever since. Our youngest son thinks he died and went to motorcycle heaven now with that bike. He gets people asking about it wherever he takes it. Because of the Emissions and Cat's Mark will not do exhaust for the new wings.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    My Mark T Exhaust still looks perfect after all these years. He did those for me in 1999 for my first Valk and went on the Valk we have now in 2002 when the first Valk was smashed when I hit the deer. I couldn't run it with just the Glass Packs, way to noisy for me. Cut the trombones off 5" and been great ever since. Our youngest son thinks he died and went to motorcycle heaven now with that bike. He gets people asking about it wherever he takes it. Because of the Emissions and Cat's Mark will not do exhaust for the new wings.
    Rick - just out of curiosity what luggage rack is that pictured on your bike? Also, do you have a video with the sound from the new pipes?

Thanks!