Clearview Shield ?

Thread: Clearview Shield ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clearview Shield ?

Well now that I finally have my RDL saddle on the F6B I have found that the KW flair shield is way to low for me. I love the look and it was just right with a OEM saddle for a 6'5" 400lb type guy, but since I'm now setting up 3" and back 4" the KW flair don't get it.... soooo I have been looking at the Clearview Sport touring(26" wide), tall(16" measured from the top to the emblem on the dash), dark tint, 5 way vent with recurve. http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...b-windshields/
    I had a small issue with the KW flair(13.75" from top to emblem on dash) and my Rocky comfort risers, the throttle cables hit the KW flair in a full left turn of the bars when the risers are adjusted for full width, which is what I need, also I could not lock the front end due to this interference.
    I have been in contact with Clearview and discussed my issue with the KW flair to which their response was "We have had no issues or conflicts reported with the Clearview Sport Touring and aftermarket risers on the Honda F6B"

My ? is, anyone have any experience with the Clearview shields on the F6B and if ya run one which one did you get?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Hey Biglry,
    I have the Clearview Sport touring(26" wide), short(14-14.75"measured from the top to the emblem on the dash), dark tint, 5 way vent with recurve and love it!!

However, I am 5'8" and not as tall as you...
    I think you will be very happy with what you have picked out. I really like the idea of the recurve and think it works as advertised. The fit, finish and overall quality of the Clearview shield is excellent. I would caution....do not get in a hurry...it will probably take 5 weeks to get. Why they don't have these ready to ship is beyond me.

I would recommend this shield to anyone looking for a shield that wants to look over the shield rather than thru it. The recurve at the top makes the shield act like it's maybe 1-2" taller than it really is.

Hope this helps....
    Go ahead and place your order...then forget about it

Ride safe and enjoy the ride,
    G

Just ordered a Clearview on Monday. They are saying "Our production is running about 10 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS TO MANUFACTURE AND SHIP.". Not sure if that means anything....

Hey Bob,
    Good Luck!
    You will like it...when you get it.

G

Hope so, that is why I'm not too worried about the delivery date. Just hope I get it before heading to Houston in mid-July. Oh well, if not, road to Nebraska and back without a windshield, bucking a major head wind on the way back.

Waited 4 or 5 weeks for my shield….wide, sport, small, lt grey…but I am a little guy…you will like the shield…just don’t start counting days……..
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Just ordered a Clearview on Monday. They are saying "Our production is running about 10 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS TO MANUFACTURE AND SHIP.". Not sure if that means anything....
    Just to update, Clearview is to be delivered on Tuesday. ordered: 06-16, delivered: 07-08; something like 3 weeks 2 days (including ship time Denver -> Dallas).

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I ordered my Clearview two weeks ago on Wednesday. I got the same 10-14 day message but they must be about caught up because mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today. I think Clearview is in Colorado and I'm in Indiana so that wasn't a long wait at all.