Harley guy looking for something different. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harley guy looking for something different.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    . Also I hate to use the word but it is a bit boring to ride almost as if it has no personality, robotic it you will.
    I felt the exact same way for a while when I settled into mine. Several things 'missing',,, but,,, it's kinda like comparing a 60's Camaro to a 2014 SS off the showroom floor,,, The 60's model is loud, rides like an antique, and just isn't near as 'seamless' as the new Camaro.

Once you come to expect the seamlessness, you'll find that going back to 'the '60's era' is disappointing. The things you once were used to / overlooked before become an annoyance.

Rode my friends 2012 SG a while back,,, Completely different 'experience', and, IMHO, more of a (short-lived) novelty than a mode of transportation. Probably a great bar-hopper, but nothing I'd want to ride all day / every day.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    I had 2010 Custom I put 85,000 miles on it in 2.5 years. I had many issues mechanically, but had many great memories on it too. For me the F6B lack of a real cruise control and shifting pattern is a real downer, I thought I could live without the cruise but I was wrong, the shifting I figured out a little late. Also I hate to use the word but it is a bit boring to ride almost as if it has no personality, robotic it you will. Having said that from a performance its much better than the RG, but for me it is missing something and I've owned over 20 bikes and have rode well over 50. I just can't put my finger on it?
    Many HD guys say metric bikes are missing something (aka have no soul). If the bike doesn't make you smile when you ride it then definitely get something that does. I still love HD and all bikes for that matter, but the F6 works for me and puts a huge smile on my face every time I rider her. I can't say the same anymore for the Harley that's also sitting in my garage. The Harley is definitely missing something such as a smooth motor, power, good brakes and handling, etc. The Harley looks cooler to most, sounds mean and loud and has very nice shiny chrome and paint. It's great to have choices.

I completely concur with the "there's something about a Harley" , maybe it's because both of my Grandfathers had them, and it makes me feel connected to my heritage.

Someone also said on this forum that there is something very mechanical going on with a Harley which I think is spot on and I enjoy.

Having said that, I also embrace quality and technolgy, riding the F6B was an eye opener, it just feels like a quality bike that is built properly.
    I am soooo tired of purchasing a motorcycle that need another 5-10k to make me happy, if any other company produced a product like Harley
    they would go out of business.

I will be keeping my Road King, one because I finally have it the way I want it, two because I have too much money invested to ever get it back.

I did some feeling out this weekend and the Honda dealers aren't overly generous with trade in's, so as soon as I able to sell my 2011 Road Glide Custom 103 w/abs
    I will be getting my F6B, maybe I'm nuts but this bike calls to me in a different way.

Thanks for all the positive feedback:

Joe

Joe....Joe.....Joe come to the Darkside! Ride a Honda and you won't need gremlin bells anymore!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Speaking of "missing something" on other bikes....
    I rode my wife's '98 Valkyrie around a bit yesterday to keep the fluids churning as it is for sale & I got an eye-opening experience. I have ridden my F6B exclusively for the last month or so. I was completely enamored with all things Valkyrie, truly a legend of a motorcycle if there ever was one. It felt like I was driving a truck compared to a HEAVIER F6B.
    I am truly struck by the advancements that the years & technology have made! It took a LOT of soul searching & internal debate in my mind to let go of the classic Valkyries that I had come to adore but I am feeling better everyday.
    Bottom line to me is, I made the right decision.
    I enjoy riding & the F6B enhances my riding.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Joe....Joe.....Joe come to the Darkside! Ride a Honda and you won't need gremlin bells anymore!