OK I might go bigger - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK I might go bigger

I ordered a Bagger Shield sport 11". Unfortunately now there is a 5-7 delay from wingstuff. Maybe after the 4th...

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I just got the 9 inch Cee Bailey windshield and I love the look. I will say it gives just a little more wind protection from the stock one but just a little. I would love to get a taller one but for me I think it starts to take away from the awesome profile of the F6. I have always went with what looks the best on my bikes as that was what was important at the time. I am to the point now where I have to let function override what might look a little sportier. I bought this bike so we could do some longer distances comfortably and really enjoy some 3 or 4 day road trips. With that being said, I definitely did not pick the right screen for that. I will probably try a taller one in the future. My issue is I'm 6'3 and according to the manufacturers guide I would need a 13 (at minimum) or a 15 inch (ideal) which is one extreme to another. I don't like the look at all of a 15 inch screen on this bagger, it's just too tall. I will continue to see what you guys are doing to your bikes before I make my choice. I've already learned so much from just what you guys have done. Sorry to be so long winded........

Got it!

Ok, here is the 11 inch Baggershield sport shield.
    I have it set all the way into the lowest position. The slots in the windshield will allow it to be adjusted up to 12 3/4 inches I believe the spec says. Although you will have to remove the fairing nose again to do that.
    I also have a Geza cover that I intended to be for my stock shield and it still fits this new one with probably a couple inches to spare. Geza must have thought ahead and knew the stock shield was going to be replaced.
    So here's the before, after and with the cover installed.
    20130705_120627.jpg20130705_123234.jpg20130705_131428.jpg
    It took about 15 minutes to install. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will in a few minutes.

It's 92 degrees here in ct and it feels like 98. We don't get the "dry heat" whatever that is.

As soon as I cool off a bit I'm hitting the highway see if there is any difference.

Windscreen

I got BaggerShield adjustable and am very happy with it. A couple of pretty good runs under my belt and I do not see a need for me to use the upper clear portion. I will keep it invert mounted just in case long haul in rain or something. I am 6'1".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Ok, here is the 11 inch Baggershield sport shield.
    I also have a Geza cover that I intended to be for my stock shield and it still fits this new one with probably a couple inches to spare. Geza must have thought ahead and knew the stock shield was going to be replaced.
    So here's the before, after and with the cover installed.
    That is comforting to know the standard Geza gear cover fits the Baggershield! I am still waiting for the cover to arrive from USA. I didn't buy a new 11 inch sports shield instead I am using my old Baggershield from my GL18. (12 inches high & 29 inches wide) so hopefully it will be ok!

IMG_6191.jpg

I bought the 13" based on the recommendations of CeeBailey's website. I'm about 5'11" and found the shield to be a bit short for my tastes, so I now have their 15". I like to look over the shield, preferring to have the windshield at a height where my nose would rest on the top edge (moustache level) . The 15" is just a tiny bit lower than that, which is good enough for me.