10K Miles whos got it already? Anybody Close?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10K Miles whos got it already? Anybody Close?

10K Miles whos got it already? Anybody Close?

By 3 PM tomorrow, AZ time, I'll be turning 10K on my way home from work. I would have had it two weeks ago but I got a flat and the "work, and family things" got in the way. So far so good its, an awesome bike with only the paint issue is bringing me down.

So whos close? I'm I the first 10K mile F6B?

you da man

1500 here in Minnesota.

Well done! Waiting to hear from Miles on this question, he's probably out riding and unable to respond.

Using Dragon Speech, as I ride ( ha ha ha ha ha), I am not quite at 10k yet. I will be by the last day of this month though. Bought the bike on April 6th.

Then, after this month, I still have rides from Seattle to Galena, IL., and back, and then from Seattle to Deming, NM, then to Winnipeg, Manitoba, and back home. This year I should end the year with about 30k on the F6B. Good thing I have 11 other bikes, so I don't wear this bike out too fast.

Cool

I'm at 4K but my bike is just a toy.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Only 2500 for me, but with working 60 hr/wk and living in CT, that's not too bad.

I envy Miles. I must say I'm a little imtimidated with the thought of very long trips.
    I'm just a "Touring Rookie". My Idea long ride will be about 8hrs and 400 miles to Bar Harbor Maine this summer. I saw the thread about the Smokey Mountains and the beautiful riding in NC. Possibly this fall or next year I'd like to try that.

We'll see how things turn out. I had a bike with tons of chrome that would require hours of polishing after running through a single puddle so weather and multiple day rides were a pain in the butt. With this bike, I think if I dress correctly, the weather wont' deter me from enjoying the adventure. I'm also ant-chrome now. All Black No Chrome is the goal for me.

I have 5200 and No paint issue's I only use Mothers detail and distilled water and microfiber rags on my bikes

Great Bike and Web Site

I picked up my bike 1st of May and only have a little over 2100 miles so far. It is the best bike I've ever owned. I've had 1500 Wings and before the F6B I rode Valkyries. I was waiting for a 1800 Valkyrie, but when I saw the F6B I had to have one. This site is a great tool for ideas and sharing information. I have made keys for the bags and glove box with tips from here. Also modified the passenger backrest (taller and better angle), and learned how to change the windshield. The Valkyriders.com site is the greatest site for info on Valkyries and I am hoping this site will continue to grow and contain as much info about the F6B.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    By 3 PM tomorrow, AZ time, I'll be turning 10K on my way home from work.

I say...CONGRATS...for being the first to hit 10k on the F6B, and for getting it done so soon. Good on ya'

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Using Dragon Speech, as I ride ( ha ha ha ha ha), I am not quite at 10k yet. I will be by the last day of this month though. Bought the bike on April 6th.

Then, after this month, I still have rides from Seattle to Galena, IL., and back, and then from Seattle to Deming, NM, then to Winnipeg, Manitoba, and back home. This year I should end the year with about 30k on the F6B. Good thing I have 11 other bikes, so I don't wear this bike out too fast.
    Winnipeg, Miles is where I was born . I have two kids that live there and most of my family.
    Now what brings you to Winnipeg?

Beagle