Any Victory Vision Owners made the F6B switch?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Victory Vision Owners made the F6B switch?

I am another one who has been lurking and researching the 6 and on the fence. I am approved for a F6B deluxe which is just waiting on me to show up next week. I have seen the responses which have all been positive from those who made the switch including some die hard Harley fans. I am wondering what some other Vision owners have to say that made the switch. I love the comfort of my Vision 8Ball with the low seat height and i actually sit "in" the bike and the 6 sits a bit higher. I have not test drove one yet since every time i head to the dealer its raining. Any Victory viewpoints would be appreciated. Only have a bit over a week to take advantage of the $1k in accessories which will help if i get rid of the cold feet!!

I came off a Victory Vision Tour with the lower 8-ball seat after a 3 year stint..The Vision is, in my judgment, a better touring bike than a Goldwing or BMW1600...I really loved the ride and ease of handling on the road. It had plenty of power and was head and shoulders above any HD touring bike in my opinion..No longer take trips of any length and wanted something a little lighter and smoother and the F6B fit the bill...Had a Valkyrie for 6 years and really enjoyed the smoothness and power of the flat six motor. I am totally satisfied with the F6B and absolutely love the thing!!..Test rode the Indians and other Victory's at the last demo rides a few weeks ago and was glad to get back on my 6 and ride home......BTW, if you want a lower seat Mustang is the answer for most...Mine is on the way soon....

I didn't have a Vision, but did have a Cross Roads with the same 106 motor. I can tell you that the Flat 6 is a much smoother and more powerful motor in stock form over the 106. The F6 also handles better than my Victory. I would think the wind protection is pretty close to a Vision once you get a tall windshield installed on the F6. One thing the Vics have over Honda or Harley is the ability to stretch your legs out on those extra long floorboards. The Vic was probably the most comfortable bike I've ever had. Too bad mine was a lemon with all kinds of issues from oil seepage/leaks to electrical problems.

Thanks for the input. I am thinking looking for the smoothness that i keep hearing about. I guess after a test ride ill know what you all are experiencing. Just love the comfort of the Vision and did not want to give that up. With that said... I hope the mustang seat will give me the same feeling as the 8Ball seat.

Thank guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    Thanks for the input. I am thinking looking for the smoothness that i keep hearing about. I guess after a test ride ill know what you all are experiencing. Just love the comfort of the Vision and did not want to give that up. With that said... I hope the mustang seat will give me the same feeling as the 8Ball seat.

Thank guys.
    I have not owned a Vision or any Victory. I was on the fence a little bit about choosing between 3 bikes for a new purchase. I have a pretty decked out Honda Valkyrie. It is my second Valk. So I was definitely excited about the new Valkyrie. I test rode the new Valk, and wow I also liked the styling and feel of the Victory cross country.

The seating position/Ergonomics of the F6B to the Victory are quite different.Quite a bit different than my Valkyrie even. But my Valkyrie has different risers, Ultimate King seat and highway pegs. These kinds of things will be on the to do list for my new F6B.

For me it came down to could I live with running on only two cylinders? I mean , I really love the flat six smooth, buttery power. I love the uniqueness of it's exhaust note with the right exhaust. It's all in what you want in a bike. The new Valkyrie ,for me, will need some nice hard bags & a fairing. Corbin is working on the hard bags, but no timeline. The F6B just seemed like the logical choice.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    In the last model year, if Vic would have updated the Vision w/larger capacity saddlebags and offered a version w/o a trunk, I might not be here,,,

Some 'not so flattering' issues on certain Polaris bikes,,, porous castings, cruise doesn't work if it gets wet, 'middle of the road' power unless modified, 'utilitarian' appearance of engine/transmission, limited dealer network/aftermarket,,,

IMHO, Vic set the bar too low with 'just' beating a certain US made bike as their overall goal. (That's a lot of the squawk Indian plays as well,,, 'better than a HD' )

Would love to see them make 'world class' bikes, and perhaps,,,,,,,, in some ways,,,,,,,,, they do, but,,,, hard to beat a Honda,,,

vision vs f6b

after a full day of riding the vision here is what I found. First thing hard to get off kick stand with a passenger, the mirrors are blocked by the riders hands an bikes levers, a lot of heat coming from the motor very uncomfortable on leg . When trying to fuel up could not open the plastic cover where fuel cap is ( dealer had to pry open with a screw driver hmmm ) the power was no where close to an F6B clutch a lot harder to pull in and brakes were no match to wing. But here is the topper the next day a guy parked next to me admiring my F6B ( he was on a beautiful red vision) started telling me how his bike's head lite fills up with water his belt squeals and he had oil leaking from his cylinders he wished he had bought a F6B instead. I smiled and thought I'm glad I did.

The guy with the Red Vision must have gotten a lemon or was just flapping chops...I had my Vision for over 3+ years without one single issue..Never had any problems with fuel cap or anything...Not defending Victory and I love my F6B..but the Vision is a whole lot better bike than any HD out there in my opinion....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    after a full day of riding the vision here is what I found. First thing hard to get off kick stand with a passenger, the mirrors are blocked by the riders hands an bikes levers, a lot of heat coming from the motor very uncomfortable on leg . When trying to fuel up could not open the plastic cover where fuel cap is ( dealer had to pry open with a screw driver hmmm ) the power was no where close to an F6B clutch a lot harder to pull in and brakes were no match to wing. But here is the topper the next day a guy parked next to me admiring my F6B ( he was on a beautiful red vision) started telling me how his bike's head lite fills up with water his belt squeals and he had oil leaking from his cylinders he wished he had bought a F6B instead. I smiled and thought I'm glad I did.
    Good point! My Vic was the hottest running bike I've ever owned. In the summer my ass felt like it was literally on fire and that was after I had the typical Stage 1 mods done. Lots of issues with Victory bikes as well. Anyone looking to buy one should research the various Vic forums and you'll see many owners experiencing the same issues and Ma Vic doing nothing to fix anything. Porous casings and electrical issues are prevalent.

I currently have a 2012 Victory Cross Country and a 2011 Yamaha FJR1300. I use the FJR for commuting and the Victory for touring and rides with my Vic riding buddies. Everyone is right, the Victory is comfy even with its stock seat and long floor boards, however, the reliability and the availability of dealers and parts are sparse. I purchased my Victory a little over a year ago brand new...and have had to take it to the dealer for multiple warranty issues. I've had a porous rear cylinder head TWICE (at 5,000 and 10,000 miles), my primary casing gasket had to be replaced due to oil seepage, my cruise control module had to be replaced because it wasn't working properly, my pulley had to be replaced which cause a loud squealing sound, there were missing corner pieces inside my saddlebags which caused air gaps, and last but not least...my most recent repair...my alternator died and left me stranded in a middle of a ride. Victory took two weeks to deliver an alternator to my dealer...which to me is unacceptable.

Now, this is my first American made vehicle I've ever purchased, and I only bought it cause all my buddies said Victory motorcycles are bullet proof. Well, I proved them wrong. So I'm going back to my roots and getting a Honda.

I'm looking for something that meets both my needs, the sportiness and touring factor...and I think the F6B fits the bill. I'll be selling off my Victory and trading in my Yamaha.