Test rode Ultimate Mid Rider seat today.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test rode Ultimate Mid Rider seat today.

Test rode Ultimate Mid Rider seat today.

Rode over to the Ultimate store in Daytona this morning to check out the two Ultimate seats offered for the F6B. Ended up ordering a Mid Rider with backrest after a test ride on my bike. Didn't get to bring it home as the only Mid Des had in stock had a red stripe on it.
    Anyways it was perfect for me, didn't raise me up any higher than stock which is exactly what I need to stay at the right level for the Klockwerks shield. It did push me very slightly forward which is OK, won't need risers on the bars. Should arrive at my door in about two weeks.
    After over 100K miles of Valkyrie/Ultimate seat miles it sure felt good to be back in an Ultimate saddle on my new improved F6B Tourer!
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

This is what I need to hear! I have to have a seat that does not raise me up any higher than stock and a seat that actually pushes me forward more because I have such short arms. I have owned three Ultimate seats for my VTX, my Goldwing, and my Roadstar and absolutely loved each one. It is a seat one can sit in all day with absolutely no discomfort. The only time I ever had to stop while riding on the seat was to get gas. Yes, they are that great.

+1 on Ultimate Seats!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The ultimate seat lives up to it's name "Ultimate"!!!! I have the king seat and so far I have ZERO complaints!!! Your also going to love the backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    This is what I need to hear! I have to have a seat that does not raise me up any higher than stock and a seat that actually pushes me forward more because I have such short arms. I have owned three Ultimate seats for my VTX, my Goldwing, and my Roadstar and absolutely loved each one. It is a seat one can sit in all day with absolutely no discomfort. The only time I ever had to stop while riding on the seat was to get gas. Yes, they are that great.
    Go ahead & pull the trigger on a Mid Rider. I was able to do a back to back stock to Mid Rider comparison this morning & those were my evaluations. It doesn't push you forward much but just enough to notice.
    The seating comfort of ANY bike is the single biggest factor for an enjoyable ride!
    I'm sold!
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

I had Ultimate seats on my VTX 1800 and on my Road King. They were indeed very comfortable. If Ultimate offered a low rider seat like they had for the VTX I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Although I can flat foot the F6 I still prefer to be lower in the seat than the stock position.

Love my Ultimate also! Have had Ultimate's on both of my Valkyrie's and wouldn't even consider buying a seat from anyone else.

Is the Ultimate store at Destination Daytona? I may ride over this week and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Love my Ultimate also! Have had Ultimate's on both of my Valkyrie's and wouldn't even consider buying a seat from anyone else.
    Dave, do you have the King? I'm trying to decide which direction to go. I really like my King on the Valkyrie. I love the looks of the Corbin dual tour, but am worried about it being too firm, especially for my wife. I'm only 5'8", but the King on the Valk works very well for me. Nobody wants regrets and I fit that bill. I'd be inclined to go with the King, but wondered how much that'll effect my feet to ground hand to bar realationship. I'm already thinking I may save my pennies for one of those Helio bars.

My wife mentioned riding up to South Bend to check yours out. I told her South Bend is right up there towards the top of Indiana , but it is tempting. She also suggested asking here where other owners might be who may have the Ultimate or Corbin seats possibly closer. South Bend is around a 5 hr ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Dave, do you have the King? I'm trying to decide which direction to go. I really like my King on the Valkyrie. I love the looks of the Corbin dual tour, but am worried about it being too firm, especially for my wife. I'm only 5'8", but the King on the Valk works very well for me. Nobody wants regrets and I fit that bill. I'd be inclined to go with the King, but wondered how much that'll effect my feet to ground hand to bar realationship. I'm already thinking I may save my pennies for one of those Helio bars.

My wife mentioned riding up to South Bend to check yours out. I told her South Bend is right up there towards the top of Indiana , but it is tempting. She also suggested asking here where other owners might be who may have the Ultimate or Corbin seats possibly closer. South Bend is around a 5 hr ride.
    Well first things first, you are ALWAYS welcome to come up to South Bend and take a ride and of course share a meal or something.
    That being said I will offer you a few observations. I am 5'10 but have a 28 inch inseam so I am short legged and long torso kinda guy. I went with the King due to my weight (300lbs) as that is what I had on the Valkyrie as well. What I did discover right away is that the seat raised me up about an inch and back from the bars about an inch. (Des had told me that this would be the case.)

At first I wasn't really hip on getting raised up an inch as I could no longer flat foot the bike, but after a few rides I don't even think about it anymore. I also put on a set of risers that raised the bars and brought them back about an inch. I am as comfortable on this bike as I was on my Valkyrie. My wife however felt much more "in" the Valkyrie and felt insecure due to the low backrest on the F6B. Des also installed his passenger backrest riser and I tried using the stock pad as I preferred the looks of it. It just didn't hit her back in the right place to giver her the support she wanted so we tried the Ultimate pad and she says it works great. She says she is comfortable now but admits that she gets more air and feels more exposed than she did on the Interstate which is understandable.

I had a Corbin on my Interstate when I first purchased it and thought it was like sitting on a board. I was on a ride Friday night with a guy with a new WIng and he had just put a $1200 Corbin on it and both he AND his wife hated it due to it's lack of padding. They sat on my F6B and said that they will be ordering a set of seats from him ASAP.