I'm new and need some advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new and need some advice

I'm new and need some advice

I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg
    To me that sounds like a great deal, I bought the First F6B sold in Arizona and believe me I PAID WAY MORE than that.

shooter
    If its a 14 that's a good price. If its a 13 they need to take another thousand off.

Sounds like a good deal for a 2014. However, leftover 2013 models should be discounted a bit more I would suspect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Doesn't sound bad,,, Many will chime in with I paid $X and I paid $Y, but until you know all the details, (and year models) it's hard to say it's apples to apples.

For instance, my OTD price was great, and I paid another slug in sales tax when I got back to my home state. Still good for a 13 back in 13, but more than what folks are paying for 13's today.

I am assuming it's a 13 as there are quite a few 13's left,,, there is no incentive for a dealer to mark down a 14 when he has 13's on hand.

I'm in Casselberry and bought my 2013 about 2 weeks ago. I went to Seminole Power Sports and Orlando Honda. I got a far better deal at Kissimmee Power Sports. My advice is to go to Kissimmee last after having obtained a price from the other two. Ask them for their best price and see if they can beat it. They're located on SOBT. I saved about $1300, but I had a trade so your experience may vary.

Honda of Russelville advertises new leftover 2013 F6Bs for $15,585. Cycletrader has dealers listing them at $14,999 and sometimes even lower. That's without tax, tags and prep, but those are the prices I'd show to your dealer to negotiate a lower price if you're looking at buying a 2013. If you want a 2014 then the price you quoted sounds fair. 2013 and 2014 bikes are identical except for yellow being available on the 2014 and red being dropped.

It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation

It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation
    It's real easy to get a price from each of the three dealers in the Orlando area. Just don't buy until you know what each of them will do for you. They will all push you while they have you in the store, but you are in control and don't have to make a decision until you know all your options. Of course, if you don't mind traveling you can do better as explained above.

There are many incentives they can offer: special financing rates, discounts on accessories, etc. If you need helmets, gloves, jackets, and anything else they sell ask for a 20% discount. Guarantee you'll get that.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    THATS WHY I BUY ONLINE!!!!

No BS from puppy-dog eyed salesmen, no line of bull while your dealin, just numbers in emails.

SHOP AROUND!

Hoglaw listed a couple FL places that appear to be willing to deal. Some places will, some won't.