I'm new and need some advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new and need some advice

I really like this! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Gold-W...US_motorcycles
    it seems to be in your 'neck of the woods'.
    if not then take a trip to Arkansas and ride a wonderful ride back through tennessee and north carolina. Honda of Russellville cannot be bragged on enough. They are great to deal with. Just call ahead and make your deal. Then fly up and they will come get you at the airport. There is a real nice motel 5 blocks away just off the interstate. Very reasonable. What a great adventure!
    I know that TT&L are worth about 6%, but Arkansas and N. Carolina have the best roadways in the country!
    Blotar

I went to Seminole Power Sports,Sanford, matched the N.C. prices + 300...I consider that a great deal!!! It does pay to be informed......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I am sure you guys get overwhelmed with this question, so thank you to all of you that had the patience to answer one more time. I look forward to being a contributing member of the forum going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation
    That is way too much for a 2013. Get them down around $15,000.00 or shop elsewhere. Just my 2 cents worth. Anyway, welcome aboard a great forum.

Er - from Sunny South Florida

You got till Aug 27th to meet us in lake city for the 2nd annual F6B rally! We then head in the am of the 28th to join about 60 other f6bs in franklin , n.c. And guess what, you are invited! For a weekend of fun!

Getr Done!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Southern powersports in Chattanooga sold me a red deluxe for 15,700 plus tax after 1000 Honda bucks last weekend. I got the 1,000 in accessories too.

I paid $15,200 about 10 days ago in Brookhaven Mississippi, that was before tax, I also got the $1,000 Honda stuff and extra 12 months coverage for a total of 48 months (2013 Red).

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation
    I also just bought a standard 2013. For out the door that does not seem like a bad price depending on what the OTD price includes.

There are 3 dealers within 75 miles of me. 2 of them were very close in price the 3rd and closest was $3K more than the other two. I ended up going to the one 75 miles away, also the same dealer I bought my other bike from. I did use the closest one for a test ride though.

When I talked to the dealer I ended up buying from he gave me two figures one with trading my bike and one without the trade. Without trading I was at $17,489 that included setup, tax, tag, paperwork, and the extended warranty($475). Base price of the bike was $14,999.

I ended up trading in my bike ($6000) and was OTD at $10,600.

In the end if the price is something you can live with then be happy you got a great bike. Don't forget right now Honda has the $1000 in accessories.

killer deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by foodog2 View Post
    Southern powersports in Chattanooga sold me a red deluxe for 15,700 plus tax after 1000 Honda bucks last weekend. I got the 1,000 in accessories too.
    I can't believe how their discounting these bikes!!thought I did good this spring! Had to buy my own accessories! But got a very good price! Do they offer these big incentives on the regular wings too! I don't think so!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

With all these numbers flying around make sure you are comparing apples and apples...... i.e. before or after taxes and what YOUR state charges for fees and what not........ To me the only number that matters is the OTD cost.... but in reality the cost of the bike is the only thing that matters when comparing other prices as Uncle Sugar will get his $$$$$

Personally I think one is foolish to buy a 2014 when you can find a 2013 for less money...they are the exact same bike!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com