I'm new and need some advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm new and need some advice

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Personally I think one is foolish to buy a 2014 when you can find a 2013 for less money...they are the exact same bike!!!!!
    Agree 100%!!! Let Ma Honda suck up that first years depreciation. No difference in the bike!!!

I tend to 'seek out' leftovers for the killer deals you can find. My situation last year was a bit different as I went from May of 13 to Sept of 13 w/o a bike,,,, I was having withdrawals!!!

Just FYI, I am located in northern IN and the current deal my dealer is extending is on a red/black 2013 deluxe for $16,500. He additionaly is providing the "free" $1000 dollars in accessories and adding an additional year of extended warranty. You would pay taxes in your home state, not Indiana. I consider that a pretty darn good deal. If you can, go for the deluxe.

Been in the Fire/EMS gig for almost 25 years also, thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    With all these numbers flying around make sure you are comparing apples and apples...... i.e. before or after taxes and what YOUR state charges for fees and what not........ To me the only number that matters is the OTD cost.... but in reality the cost of the bike is the only thing that matters when comparing other prices as Uncle Sugar will get his $$$$$

Personally I think one is foolish to buy a 2014 when you can find a 2013 for less money...they are the exact same bike!!!!!
    The one thing that I found interesting at WingDing last month was from a guy there that is apparently a Gold Wing transmission expert. He was talking about the ghost shifting issue on these bikes and had a cut away model to show what he was talking about. (It was in reference to the gear and dog design). He stated that the transmission design was changed in 2014 which beefed up the transmission in that area and eliminates the ghost shifting situation. Sorry, don't want to hijack a thread, your statement above reminded me of the conversation I had at WingDing.

Thank you to everyone who responded, I read and thought about each and every post. I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black. I really like the red as well, pictures don't do the red bikes justice; they really look great in person. I feel like I got a fair (not great) deal. Higher than most of you paid, but about the same as others. I paid $17,745. Thanks again to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    Thank you to everyone who responded, I read and thought about each and every post. I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black. I really like the red as well, pictures don't do the red bikes justice; they really look great in person. I feel like I got a fair (not great) deal. Higher than most of you paid, but about the same as others. I paid $17,745. Thanks again to all of you.
    Congrats on the new F6B and welcome aboard. The price doesn't really matter anyway once you start enjoying the ride.

you should be at about 15,000 before taxes and the other bs
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black.
    Congrats! It's my understanding that the transmission was improved for the 2014, so don't feel too bad about spending more than you would have payed for a leftover 2013.

Think about the Rally!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

congrats on the new ride. A month from now it won't matter what you paid. Enjoy.