Cannot fit handrails on Mustang seat

Thread: Cannot fit handrails on Mustang seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cannot fit handrails on Mustang seat

After waiting over 7 weeks I finally got my Mustang seat delivered to the dealer today..Picked it up a 125 miles away from my house, and told them I would install it myself as they were pretty busy and the tech guy that has done work for me in the past was out sick...Anyhow after fighting for almost a 1/2 hour with the new seat, with assistance from my neighbor who works on ATV's, we could not make the side hand rails align, or fit, anywhere close..Read the instructions several times to no avail and finally gave up and put stock seat back on...Going to call Mustang tomorrow and ask them what the problem is...The holes in the new seat do not seem to line up with the holes in the seat rails and nothing seemed to work..I even bought the aftermarket pointed seat bolts that are supposed to make things easier...Right now I am really "bummed""....Any thoughts from those that have the regular style day tripper seat would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    My Ultimate did the same at first. I really had to push the front of the seat forward with all my might to get the holes to line up. Good luck

Sorry to hear that. I'm not very "mechanically blessed" but the holes lined up on mine. Couldn't thread the fancy pointed bolts on the front but went back to the originals and they worked. Took me about an hour and I'm slow. My butt didn't get sore on the entire trip I made. Hope Mustang can give you some help.

Yep, you really need to work hard to get it on there with the rails. It took me 27 tries.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Have you tried to align the holes with a long Phillips screwdriver before tryin the bolts?

I had (2) RDL's to install one night.(OEM pan, so not a true 'apples to apples' comparo)

First bike went fine. 2nd bike,,, could only get 3 outta 4,,, Tried several times,,, Loose / snug etc,,, Even my trusty screwdriver trick wouldn't work.

Pulled all bolts and worked the 'problem child' first,,,

Why 1 bike was easy peasy and the 2nd such a PITA,,, well,,,

I used three Phillips screwdrivers to line everything up. If you don't have that many get two bolts in on one side without the rails and then work on the other side.