Cannot fit handrails on Mustang seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot fit handrails on Mustang seat

I am VERY fortunate, my Ultimate seat was a breeze to install. I just dropped it off with Des, went out and had a Coke and when I came back it was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I am VERY fortunate, my Ultimate seat was a breeze to install. I just dropped it off with Des, went out and had a Coke and when I came back it was installed.
    Well that "bites". I was gonna come to S.Bend and let you walk me through it whenever I get a seat. Looks like you don't have any more of a clue than I do Bud.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    ,,,hear the seat creak in pain at this point, to my satisfaction.

LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Well that "bites". I was gonna come to S.Bend and let you walk me through it whenever I get a seat. Looks like you don't have any more of a clue than I do Bud.
    LOL

My right lever still pops out and sometimes doesn't release. hoped after a few weeks it would settle in and fit right.

MUSTANG SEAT

Mine lined up perfectly. I had no problems, even got the lip to tuck under in the front also. I've taken it off several times to install the back rest and cargo carrier. The seat is a perfect fit. Take your time.MYWING2.jpg

I just got my Ultimate seat yesterday. I will try the install today. I placed it on the bike just to see what I was in for. The rails are definitely tight. I'll know more today.

After looking at some of the info in this thread, it dawned on me that if you need to try to move the saddlebag release pin on the install, an option to a screwdriver might be to simply put a piece of string around it. You can then pull it outward a bit to fit it back into the hand rail. Then just pull the string out, before locking it down, once it's seated in the hand rail.

I've had three different seats on my bike, each required some pushing and shoving to get everything lined up. They'll go, stay at it.

It took me about three tries to get the bolts lined up, but I was finally successful. My problem however is unique in that I could not get the right side handrail to close the gap on the seat. I have removed and replaced the bolt a dozen times and it still tightens up before pulling against the seat and closing the gap. Not crossed up or binding in any way so it has m puzzled. I plan to remove it again this weekend and take another stab at it.

Attachment 7149

F6Pilot: Mine looks exactly the same, and just on the brake side. I figure that comes with an aftermarket seat.

To all: As far as the rails fitting. Though they were a real pita to install (the seat is too wide on these latest seats). This morning I removed them and it is 90% better. I can easily push them back into place. So something has given over time. Yeah!

Now to work on making the side covers removable ....
    Albuquerque, NM