luggage question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: luggage question

luggage question

we didn't buy our 6 to look like an old Goldwing with a cruising chair etc etc. we do however take some extended rides. the bags JUST don't seem to hold enough ...sometimes. we've had both textile and leather on our previous bikes but it seems a shame to put either onto the sleek look of a 6. any suggestions on where we could find a "small" hard sided (plastic I guess as opposed to either tex or leather) unit that will serve as a bit of a back rest for the wife but not look like we tried to "add on" all the missing parts of a full GW.

Look at Givi luggage/trunks. There was a thread recently where an F6 owner installed one and it looked good and is functional.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Look at Givi luggage/trunks. There was a thread recently where an F6 owner installed one and it looked good and is functional.
    thanks for the info but we went to that site already. drop down menu doesn't give the 6 as an option?

2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Another option for you might be the Rivco quick detach rack.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=465&page=1

I've attached photos of the Rivco carrier rack on my F6B. I have the Corbin smuggler trunk, so I lost the ability to just bungee cord an extra pack on the back of my seat. I can install/ uninstall the rack in, as Miles would say, exactly 6.895 seconds. Literally, you simply need to pull three clips. I have the added LED light bar option that Rivco offers with the rack. I found the mounting bracket for the tow hitch to be a little tough to install, mostly because I didn't want disassemble any more of the bike than I absolutely needed to. When the rack is removed, there is nothing visible to indicate you have a trailer hitch installed. (Its not a true trailer hitch, but looks identical to one.) I use the DrySpec waterproof duffle bags-- there is absolutely no way for the contents to get wet. As you can see, my taillights, etc. are also still completely visible. I have all LED bulbs in the taillight assembly. I'll put close to 1400 miles on in the next five days traveling this way, and it works for me.

Must say I do like that Corbin Smuggler. Maybe in my future.

I prefer a trailer...... you can bring the kitchen sink!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

We look like the Beverly Hillbillys'

Well, we tend to over-pack. I have been thinking about a trailer but then we would REALLY over-pack.

I use 2 DOWCO Iron Rider Main bags. One for me and one for Sweetie.
    It does look like "granny" should be up top in her rocker but it works well, and they stay put. And it comes right off at the motel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight;39149}
    It does look like "granny" should be up top in her rocker.

yup!

But like my pappy always says, at least you're doing it!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono