Helmet/Bike Camera
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet/Bike Camera

Cool Helmet/Bike Camera

Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advice. One of some of my friends have suggested that I record/video my trips around the beautiful Scottish Highlands and put them on YouTube so they can see them. I think it's a good idea but I have no idea what camera to go for. I've had a look at the GoPro Hero3+ Silver, that's my kind of price range. Anyone have one, or something similar? Any help and advice is very welcome. Cheers.

Paul B......
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Kurare79 is a great place to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advice. One of some of my friends have suggested that I record/video my trips around the beautiful Scottish Highlands and put them on YouTube so they can see them. I think it's a good idea but I have no idea what camera to go for. I've had a look at the GoPro Hero3+ Silver, that's my kind of price range. Anyone have one, or something similar? Any help and advice is very welcome. Cheers.

Paul B......
    Shoot Kurare79 a message. He is in Southern Germany and is doing just what you're wanting to do. I just picked his brain the other day and he came back w/ a load of info! I'm starting with nothing and limited knowledge on this subject as well. His information on what he uses and why has saved me hours of research as he's already found what works best for him. The proof is in his end product. I do know he doesn't use a GoPro....

Good luck Paul, and I look foward to riding along w/ ya in the Beautiful Scottish Highlands just as I ride along w/ Kurare79!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Cool Big Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    Shoot Kurare79 a message. He is in Southern Germany and is doing just what you're wanting to do. I just picked his brain the other day and he came back w/ a load of info! I'm starting with nothing and limited knowledge on this subject as well. His information on what he uses and why has saved me hours of research as he's already found what works best for him. The proof is in his end product. I do know he doesn't use a GoPro....

Good luck Paul, and I look foward to riding along w/ ya in the Beautiful Scottish Highlands just as I ride along w/ Kurare79!
    Thanks for the info, I'll go give him a shout. Look forward to your company
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Thanks for the info, I'll go give him a shout. Look forward to your company

I can only imagine what wonderful blues tunes you will use when editing your ride videos! I would assume that Stevie Ray will be one!
    There will never be another S.R.V.!!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Cool Rest In Paradise Stevie

I can only imagine what wonderful blues tunes you will use when editing your ride videos! I would assume that Stevie Ray will be one!
    There will never be another S.R.V.!!!!
    Funny you should mention that, I was just listening to a track from Gwyn Ashton's 2006 album Prohibition called Rest In Paradise "For Stevie". Yes he was such an inspirational guy, a guitar genius

My son records a lot of his rides with a GoPro Hero 3, but he just got hold of a new similar type of camera that Sony has just introduced, and he says it's much better. He works at a major electronics retailer, and the Sony rep loaned him the camera for him to evaluate. He says he likes it so much he's going to buy one, despite the fact that he has the Hero3.
    I'll ask him for the name and model of the camera.

i have a go pro hero 3 + silver edition . and to be honest i don't like that much . i like the videos from my cell phone better then the go pro .
    don't get me wrong the go pro does a wonderful 1080 Hd videos . but we don't need that much quality to add on you tube. eats a lot of memory.and battery
    i know i have to still playing with settings but I'm planning on getting a cheaper version of the go pro that i see on the market .

i also have couple riding videos version in you tube taken with the go pro and from my cell phone and you can see the difference .
    i will post a link when i get home.

Righteous Tune!

Funny you should mention that, I was just listening to a track from Gwyn Ashton's 2006 album Prohibition called Rest In Paradise "For Stevie". Yes he was such an inspirational guy, a guitar genius
    Ahhh.....Just sampled it on Amazon...and promptly bought it! Thanks P.B. Blues!

I use a Replay XD 720. It's true, you don't need a full 1080 for youtube videos. But Replay just came out with a 1080 that's the same size as the 720. Check out www.replayxd.com and you can see how small it is. I mount it to the left of my helmet...its a bullet style camera...not boxey like the go pros. It's easy to operate, and you don't need a weather housing for it like you would need for the go pro. I've ridden with people who didn't realize I had a camera on until I told them I captured that beautiful senic ride on video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Blasting Out

Ahhh.....Just sampled it on Amazon...and promptly bought it! Thanks P.B. Blues!
    My pleasure, I have it blasting out of my speakers right now and it's only 9 in the morning!!!!