What size hole? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What size hole?

I used a 1 inch hole saw... but had to file the hole bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    What size hole do I need to drill to fit the cigarette lighter accessory in the little glove box? I purchased the OEM one but there are no directions. Thanks
    Zeus now that you know what size to drill, if you look closely on the cubby once the cubby is out, you'll also notice the starting mark + for your drill.

This is also a great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=COuTOlXT0tU

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Bought my first set of step bits for this type of mod. El cheapo harbor freight versions, but just too darn easy to drill, size, drill, side, etc,,

Unclear why folks drop $$$ on the OEM sets. Aftermarket/custom are a fraction of the cost and, in many instances, can handle more juice than the OEM set up.

I dropped ~$20~ on a 15 Amp socket w/ 60" lead, fused, that I ran straight to the battery. Even with the step bit's, it's less than half or what they want for an OEM F6B socket,,, and Mo' juice ta boot!!! Plus, the 5A 'plug and play' OEM socket feed plug is still available for,,, whatever might be next!!!
    It was part of the choices I made to spend the $1000 free accessories. My total came to $70 over, but the dealer squashed that.