Corbin vs The World

Thread: Corbin vs The World

Corbin vs The World

I see that almost all of the seat threads here revolve around the Mustang and Ultimate. I have had Corbin seats on a BMW K75S, and also on my Valkyrie. I didn't really have a problem with the firmness of either one. My Valk also wore an Ultimate Big Boy for thousands of miles.
    I am getting excited about the upcoming rally hoping to check out most of the aftermarket seats available for the F6.
    The Corbin website doesn't tell me if their seat moves the rider forward, rearward, or if it maintains the OEM position.
    I kinda like the looks of the Smuggler but am concerned that the modular (2 piece) design might not have the same feel as the regular Corbin.
    Are there any Corbin owners here who can tell me about the rider's position(forward,rearward,or stock) and which Corbin you have?
    Thanks all.

I have a Corbin on my 6.I do not think it changed my rider position at all.I love it.Yes its a firmer/harder seat but thats what I need
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

You sit in it a little more and it is more comfortable. I can reach the ground a little better at stops.
    2013 Black Deluxe( Sold), 2012 VFR1200 DCT, 2018 Gold Wing DCT

Smooth Corbin Seat

Just wondering, Has anyone ordered, seen or have a picture of the Corbin seat without the stitching? Seems a number of people are concerned about a wet butt, I was wondering if a smooth seat would be the way to go and how it would look.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do Unto Others.........Then run like Hell"

78 GL1000 Black
    02 VTX 1800c Illusion Blue
    04 Rune NRX 1800 Dbl Clearcoat Black
    13 Goldwing 1800 F6B Black.

A year ago I bought the Corbin/ Smuggler seats and trunk modular combination from another forum member. I then sent the seat to Russel Day Long Seats to be customized. Here is a link to my thoughts at the time:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...ll=1#post20399

Now nearly a year and some 13,000 miles later I can say that although the Corbin seat was nice, the RDL redo really made the seat mine. I can ride all day and never give a thought to getting a sore butt. RDL was also nice enough to redo the backrest attached to the smuggler trunk. I don't have a chair in the house that is as comfortable for me as my motorcycle seat. I also can't say enough good things about the folks at RDL!

I have a Corbin and it works well for me. You sit down in the saddle and It doesn't change the distance forward or back. I'm 5'11" and I like the way I'm positioned on this saddle and I believe it helps me handle the F6B better. The stitching doesn't doesn't bother you on a long ride either.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Stock is perfect..

Yet the esthetics are not. I think that the stock seat is so large it needs some texture/detailing to break up the flat surfaces. I tried a "Corbin Gunfighter" on my previous bike - a "Griso" - just for the look really. I was very disappointed in that it was less comfortable (as in friggin hard), changed the seating position, increased the effective seat height and made it akward to move around when riding aggressively. But it looked great! I can't say enough about the stock F6B seat for my size (5' 7", 160lbs) and riding style - 500-800kms a day solo, coffee dates two up. It simply works, and I can think of other things to spend $500 -$1000 on... but I wish it looked as good as it works.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Yet the esthetics are not. I think that the stock seat is so large it needs some texture/detailing to break up the flat surfaces. I tried a "Corbin Gunfighter" on my previous bike - a "Griso" - just for the look really. I was very disappointed in that it was less comfortable (as in friggin hard), changed the seating position, increased the effective seat height and made it akward to move around when riding aggressively. But it looked great! I can't say enough about the stock F6B seat for my size (5' 7", 160lbs) and riding style - 500-800kms a day solo, coffee dates two up. It simply works, and I can think of other things to spend $500 -$1000 on... but I wish it looked as good as it works.
    I tried 3 aftermarket seats, and am satisfied with the stocker. I am one of the few also, and... I like the look.