Nasty Assault....

Thread: Nasty Assault....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nasty Assault....

I was taking a nice ride this afternoon when I obviously hit some huge bug with a big shiny green head and it hit right on the vent on the windshield. The force of the impact splattered that bug's guts through the vent and plastered my face!!! It was disgusting and I couldn't wait to get somewhere where I could wash my face. I've never been hit like that and it certainly got my attention. YUCK!!!!!

I had that happen to me, but I had no windshield. The bug hit me on the bridge of my nose where my sunglasses are, cracked the frame of my glasses. I had bug all over my fore head.

I got hit by a large bird once and it knocked my hand off the handle bar and brusied up my entire shoulder where it hit me...almost came off the bike!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I got hit in the face by an owl doing 80 on a sport bike.
    Cracked the windshield and busted my helmet face shield.
    Blood and feathers everywhere.
    Not a good day for me. I some how kept the bike up right.

right in the face...

I've had bugs in the eyes, a yellow jacket in the helmet (stinging the fool outta me), gravel and cinders bouncing up from out of nowhere, a Japanese beetle in the mouth... usually, while being tailed by a lunatic driving a log truck doing 80, strangely enough.

Forty years ago I wouldn't have been caught dead riding a wheel with a windshield, let alone while wearing earplugs...hah!
    The wind in my face, the sound of the exhaust; the barest essentials: padded fingerless gloves, black leather jacket, engineer boots.
    Okay, I still rely on leather jackets, Chippewa engineer boots and leather gloves, but insist on a face shield and windshield.

Never had anything come through the vent though...I will consider your story and my vent angle in the future!

you going to love this...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

The yellow bugs taste like chicken. Full face thingies are great.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Re: Nasty Assault

Wow..so I guess I'm not alone..in my 35 yrs of ridin...I've eaten more bugs than u can shake a stick at...however...my worst was having a bee/yellow jacket..not sure which..fly into my helmet...at 80mph...and sting the holy crap outta me..a few times...at least..it felt like a few times... Wasn't a fun day!! Hurt like hell for the next few days..and left a knot on the side of my face for a while!!! (But...being a die-hard rider...I mounted up the very next day) only a true biker could understand that thinkin'...