Nasty Assault.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nasty Assault....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    What a great thread! Entertaining stories here.

The only one I have to recount happened a few years ago. Still not POSITIVE what hit me, but my best guess is that it was a burrito thrown from a passing van full of kids. Hit me square in the forehead and almost took myself and my passenger out.

Very, very Anchorman.
    Oh my goodness! I don't whether to laugh or gag!

Lots of bug guts for me, but luckily no birds or burritos. Worst thing that happened to me was a wasp got into my FF helmet while riding. I was able to pull over and get my helmet off before getting stung.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Oh my goodness! I don't whether to laugh or gag!
    Chucky, it's ok, you can laugh. it's funny now that I think about it, but I was furious when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Lots of bug guts for me, but luckily no birds or burritos. Worst thing that happened to me was a wasp got into my FF helmet while riding. I was able to pull over and get my helmet off before getting stung.
    Knight, I would take a burrito over a wasp, hornet, or bee in my helmet any day! There are three things in life that reduce me to a squabbling 5 year old girl; spiders, anything with a stinger, and the Cleveland Browns!

Whilst wearing 1 piece leathers on a hot day I had the zip partially down and was on a multi lane highway in London I was passing a car and the guy flicked his lit cigarette out of the window, it went down the front of my leathers, I was unable to stop so tried to put it out by punching myself in the crotch repeatedly, must have been a funny sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Whilst wearing 1 piece leathers on a hot day I had the zip partially down and was on a multi lane highway in London I was passing a car and the guy flicked his lit cigarette out of the window, it went down the front of my leathers, I was unable to stop so tried to put it out by punching myself in the crotch repeatedly, must have been a funny sight.

... I bet it was a sight!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

My first DEER ran into the right engine guard, flipped up an broke the mirror and wind shield and dispatched me!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Here is a puzzle for you, hit a bird and the feathers ended up in speaker grill

Someone explain that. I was doin about 70 in California mid day and a small bird gave his life as he flew into the right front do my fairing. The bulk of his lifeless body slid over my shoulder but a couple dozen secondary (the small ones that still look like a bird feather, only smaller) showed up on the space between my speaker cones and the black grate that covers them......no holes in the speakers. Almost like a magic bullet. Pulled most of the feathers through the grates....

Here us a question, how do you take the speaker grates out so I can get the rest?

I blew the Yellow feather out with an air hose nozzle. Speaker bottom is open and all stuff should go out the bottom.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.