Riding down for a new Russell Day-Long seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riding down for a new Russell Day-Long seat

Riding down for a new Russell Day-Long seat

I will be leaving home in about 1 hour, to ride down to Northern California, the Redding area...to have my new Russell seat done tomorrow. This will be my 11th seat done by Russell Day-Long saddles.

If there is anyone in the Redding/Red Bluff area, and wants to meet for dinner tonight...dinner is on me. I will be staying at the Howard Johnson Express Inn, and will be there about 5:00 pm, so look me up. I will have the only F6B in the parking lot.

After the seat is done, tomorrow, I will be riding home tomorrow evening. It is only a short 525 miles each way.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I will be leaving home in about 1 hour, to ride down to Northern California, the Redding area...to have my new Russell seat done tomorrow. This will be my 11th seat done by Russell Day-Long saddles.

If there is anyone in the Redding/Red Bluff area, and wants to meet for dinner tonight...dinner is on me. I will be staying at the Howard Johnson Express Inn, and will be there about 5:00 pm, so look me up. I will have the only F6B in the parking lot.

After the seat is done, tomorrow, I will be riding home tomorrow evening. It is only a short 525 miles each way.
    Enjoy the ride and be safe Miles.

Looking forward to your review and pictures.

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Enjoy the ride and be safe Miles.

Looking forward to your review and pictures.

Beagle

And may I add the always and very scary price of the seat

Safe ride Miles,Look foward to pictures and your thoughts on the new seat.My buddy has one on his Goldwing and I am wondering what it will look like on the F6b.Having tried out my friends it great to ride on but looks large on a full dress 1800 Wing.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Miles, have a safe ride , don't forget to hire a ARMED guard to protect the F6B at the Hotel.

Safe travels, P6B

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    And may I add the always and very scary price of the seat
    Rich, while I am still here at Russell, I have already paid the bill, and it came to a grand total of $590.00. They do give me a 10% discount, because of being a repeat customer.

In my opinion...the seat is worth twice the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Rich, while I am still here at Russell, I have already paid the bill, and it came to a grand total of $590.00. They do give me a 10% discount, because of being a repeat customer.

Thanks that price is not bad at all Miles.I hope you post some pictures when you get a chance.

Pictures of the new seat

Here are the pictures of the newest Russell seat made for me. It is my 11th Russell seat over the past 24 years, since I started using their seats. Officially I have documented more than 1 million miles on their seats. Maybe...just maybe, my butt has now been formed into the shape to perfectly fit the mold of a Russell seat, and that is why I like them so much. Rode home from Redding, Calif last night...ride was 7 hours and 15 minutes to go 525 miles. Quite frankly, it was even too fast for my own wishes, but while I told myself a thousand times to slow down...apparently I did not listen to myself.

Got home at 10:20 pm, and after taking off all my riding gear, but still had the LDComfort clothes on, my butt did the Happy Butt Dance, and I took a video of it, but...was advised that I might scare a lot of people, so, this is all you get to see

Okay, pictures:

Russell seat 005-400.jpgRussell seat 004-400.jpgRussell seat 003-400.jpgRussell seat 007-400.jpgRussell seat 008-400.jpg

Now, please keep in mind, that this seat works PERFECTLY for ME...but that does not mean it will work perferctly for you. We all have different butts, and if the seat you have works perfectly for you, then that is the best seat...for you.

Also, I have always said that Russell seats are the ugliest seats in the world, but the most comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised when they were all done, and the seat was mounted on the bike, at how well the entire package looked. This is the best looking Russell seat I have ever had. It does not take away from the looks or the lines of the bike. And even on the short 525 mile ride home, I can tell that this seat fits me so perfectly, it is the best Russell seat I have ever sat on.

Some may ask WHY I have a velour seating area. That is because it does not get HOT in the summertime, and does not get COLD in the wintertime. It allows me to move comfortably, not stick to the seat, and my butt does not get hot. If it rains...I am either sitting on the seat...so it is protected...or the bike has a cover on it, so the seat is protected. I have used a velour seating area for over 20 years, and am very happy with that choice. It wears better than leather.

Nice!

What a delicious looking saddle. How much?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    What a delicious looking saddle. How much?

Rich

while I am still here at Russell, I have already paid the bill, and it came to a grand total of $590.00. They do give me a 10% discount, because of being a repeat customer.