How is this for packaging??

Thread: How is this for packaging??

How is this for packaging??

Bought my new F6B several weeks ago at Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO while traveling through on vacation on my Valk. I ended up riding the F6B home to Ohio. I also got the $1000 credit for accessories and they ended up shipping the items. Boxes arrives and the luggage rack is missing. I phone them and they say they have one in stock. Look at the picture how it was packaged. The only thing I moved was the business card. The rack and all parts were not wrapped in anything.

Obviously once I got the bike off their lot they didn't care.

Mark

Attachment 7158
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Was the rack damaged? What was the dealerships response when you called them?

Some items don't require to be bubble wrapped. I received a few items this week myself, the packaging material was minimal and mangled but the items inside were fine. No sweat off my brow ....

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

No damage, I didn't call them. I don't feel I should have to.

They did however sell me the mounting brackets for the rack, WHICH I DO NOT NEED because it came with a backrest. $100 wasted.

Also they sent me two box of the saddle bag liners (4 bags total) instead of the mat set.

Just a messed up order.

AND I do not have time to return and reship crap.

Just my rant and now I will drop it.

I just think they should have put a little more thought into this sale. They are suppose to be the experts not me.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just post the extras in the Classified section, someone will purchase them from you and then spend the money on other goodies

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

When I bought my rack, pre delivery , I also bought the extra parts and when asked why...they did not have a answer nor did I get the extra bits.....some folks just don't know!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I order so much crap I'm never really sure what's in the box,,,

Got a box dropped off at my door once that was smashed all ta hell. "Fragile!' sticker on the outside.

As the box was beat ta hell, smashed, tore up, you name it, I figured I'd take pictures before and during the 'opening'

Long story short, after about a dozen pictures, (and several gray hairs!!!) I found (2) engine guards, each in their OEM Honda bag,, nary a scratch on 'em,,,

Haven't been that lucky since the winter of '32,,,

Here is the opposite …changed out tail gates on my Super Duty last week…I have a EZ Down on my old tail gate and wanted to move it to the new one….could not locate a bushing that goes into the tailgate so I contacted the company and they sent out the unit,( one bolt/bushing) in a box bigger than for a pair of shoes, complete with cushioning inside to protect the bolt!!! I guess it depends on who wraps the item up!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    No damage, I didn't call them. I don't feel I should have to.

They did however sell me the mounting brackets for the rack, WHICH I DO NOT NEED because it came with a backrest. $100 wasted.

Also they sent me two box of the saddle bag liners (4 bags total) instead of the mat set.

Just a messed up order.

AND I do not have time to return and reship crap.

Just my rant and now I will drop it.

I just think they should have put a little more thought into this sale. They are suppose to be the experts not me.
    Extra bag of saddlebag liners eh??

They tried to sell me brackets too

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Bought my new F6B several weeks ago at Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO while traveling through on vacation on my Valk. I ended up riding the F6B home to Ohio. I also got the $1000 credit for accessories and they ended up shipping the items. Boxes arrives and the luggage rack is missing. I phone them and they say they have one in stock. Look at the picture how it was packaged. The only thing I moved was the business card. The rack and all parts were not wrapped in anything.

Obviously once I got the bike off their lot they didn't care.

Mark

Attachment 7158
    When I bought my 2013 deluxe, it was a new product so I cut the dealer some slack. They didn't even know the part numbers. I had more information from this forum than they knew. When they tried to order the rack AND brackets, I informed then that I only needed the rack and then they "found" the right number to order.
    I learned early on that this forum and the information I get here is "priceless". Parts that do work, almost work, don't work or don't work for long, Here is where I find this stuff out!