Bye Bye Ultra Limited 110th Anniv. Hello F6B

Thread: Bye Bye Ultra Limited 110th Anniv. Hello F6B

Bye Bye Ultra Limited 110th Anniv. Hello F6B

Today was the day off went the Harley and in came the '14 black deluxe. Funny how things happen, a few days ago I saw a F6 in a mag or something and just out of curiosity, we went to a dealer to see what it was, I have back issues and had some thoughts about something a bit lighter and easier than the Ultra, so of course not a wing- honestly just curious as to what the 6 was. While looking at the dealers, my wife spotted a new CTX 1300, I think that is the designation, the new for '14 kind of ST replacement, and we thought it was pretty neat looking. Thought about that for a day and kept thinking about the F6 and wondering what it felt like. The last wing we had was an 08, followed buy another ST 1300, 09 Harley Ultra and then A victory Vision, Then the '14 ultra; the 08 wing we had decided was just too big and station wagoness... anyway, rode the CTX, very nice bike and really nothing to fault, then rode the F6B; WOW how cool is that, just felt so natural, like an old friend, so heavy negotiations for a couple of days and the deal was struck! We had said that never again to black vehicles, but this is so cool in black, and we almost went '13 red, but made as good a deal on the '14 and really wanted black! so that was our day and I feel more excited about bikes than in a long time; looking forward to the forum and info concerning the goodies etc. my only real gripe is no cruise, how stupid is that, looking for what others have done, and of course that thing they put on the top of the fairing- but getting the W/S with the vent with the $1000 in Honda accessories, along with the rack, fog lights and, I don't know some little round it out to a grand item. Being that you can't get any Honda acces. except F6 specific there aren't a lot of choices! non Honda going first will be those amber signals to smoked replacements, I was behind my wife in her car and she said all she could see in her mirror were the damn amber things! Only another 2-3 months and we'll be back to nice riding weather- lately it's all heat and rain here-though it can rain on one side of the street and not the other, still 90+ and 90+ temp and humidity on both sides! That should be enough to lose everyone's interest for a day, I think at 64 I may start to be rambling, happy safe riding! Dave

from Sunny South Florida

We all been there, every thing you said has been said! Glad you enjoy it!

Rally coming at the end of August you're invited lot's of Floridians going! Search for it!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

WELCOME to the fold!!!

to the board....Try going out after 9PM...by 11:30 I was looking for a jacket! any how...welcome to the board!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Congrats on the new F6 and enjoy the ride. Lots of former HD guys are making the switch. Only thing to watch out for is the new Honda paint quality which scratches very easily and is far below Harley standards. Everything else on the F6 is a step up, except for the lack of cruise and ABS.

Congratulations on the new F6B. You will really like it.

CONGRATS!!

Kia Ora ! Bien venu ! Welcome !
    I perfectly understand when you say: " just felt so natural, like an old friend". I had a 18 year motorcycle break from a GL1500 to my beloved F6B, the ease to get back was so smooth and amazing. Have fun on the road !