Corbin Passenger back rest Pad

Thread: Corbin Passenger back rest Pad

Corbin Passenger back rest Pad

Has anyone purchased this product? What are your initial impressions? Is it worth the investment? Have you utilized the bracket to raise the passenger back rest with the Corbin.

Bought the extension from Steve and the Corbin backrest from Mustang Jake....Tried to make it comfy for the wife. Looks a little funky and breaks up the nice lines of the bike but with the seat extension, I can get it on/off in a minute. First ride Mothers day. She liked the backrest setup but said the ride was not as smooth as she had been hoping! I have the shock set to the middle and it seems comfy to me but she really didnt like it. Shocked me because last bike is an 04 Kawi Concours and two Triumph triples before that so she hasnt had the most comfortable rides to compare to. Any tips for softening the ride up for her?
    ps I'll post pix of the setup tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post

I'll admit i like the lines of the pad. Should matchup with the Mustang pretty well. I agree it is a little tall.
    Thank you for sharing and your time.
    Have you made any dampener adjustment to the shock? Mine will jiggle your kidneys.
    DJC

Does anyone know where I might get two plugs to cover the backrest mount screw holes? Now that I remove/install the backrest/mount, I'll need something to cover those holes when the backrest is off.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Does anyone know where I might get two plugs to cover the backrest mount screw holes? Now that I remove/install the backrest/mount, I'll need something to cover those holes when the backrest is off.
    You can find black plastic plugs at any of the auto parts stores like Advance Auto, Auto Zone, etc. OR, you can install a Bike MP3 rack
    Ken (Hornblower)