Indian Roadmaster - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

with a LOT more torque! Might cost a bit more too.

Not to get off subject, but this thread made me look up some old bikes I like. How bout this Zundap
    http://motos-of-war.ru/ru/wp-content...actlook-02.jpg
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Not too bad looks wise especially if the trunk is easily removable, but the price is steep. A Vic Cross Country Tour looks better to me and is way cheaper. I'd go for a full size Wing though if I needed the trunk and passenger comfort or just add a Givi trunk for cheap on my F6B.

Has anyone here taken an Indian for a test drive. I went to my GWRRA chapter monthly dinner ride last night and someone there said they had and that it would " build muscles " if I had one. He said they are heavy and hard to maneuver. If any of you have ridden one, do you think that this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Has anyone here taken an Indian for a test drive. I went to my GWRRA chapter monthly dinner ride last night and someone there said they had and that it would " build muscles " if I had one. He said they are heavy and hard to maneuver. If any of you have ridden one, do you think that this is true?
    I took a demo ride on a new Cheiftain. It didn't feel any heavier than the F6B or my previous HD Road King. Handling was similar to the Road King. F6 is of course much more nimble in the twisties and handles better. The Indian did have more useable torque than a Harley, but the F6 still feels way quicker. If you can ride an F6 you'll easily be able to ride an Indian. The seating position is all cruiser with a nice low seat height. I suppose if someone is stepping up to an Indian from a Harley Sportster or Honda Shadow then it might feel like a real handful.

shooter
    That Indian is a small bike. If you and your other half weigh more than 180 each it's gonna be cramped. They are a lot shorter than the B.

Curb Appeal

A 1955 Buick Roadmaster had more curb appeal

Wow, that looks very retro.
    On the one hand I think it has a nostalgic appeal.
    On the other, I'm not particularly fond of the icebox or blender styling of the '50s.
    Just saying'.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I really like the looks of the 111 engine. I've been a little iffy on the fairings and not crazy how the front fenders wrap a little too far over the front tire IMHO. I think this new full boat tourer looks kinda pieced together. Doesn't really flow for me. The fairing lowers, I think, really throw it off. That said, test reports on the other Indian models have been pretty positive, but I'm positive all of them ar only running on two cylinders.

I'd like to see Indian revitalize the inline, longitudinal four cylinder. That would really get my attention.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Meh,, From the front, it looks looks like it's packin a Samsonite on each side,,,